1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling for support

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Capt. Orygun, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

2. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

That's total and complete bullshit. I don't know if the government is just too proud to admit they're very very wrong or what, but that's complete bullshit.

3. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

It seems like they wanted to make an example out of someone and because he was a respected member of his community he was chosen to go down. That really sucks though, it seems like the Gov was in the complete wrong and dosnt want to admit it. I could really see him spending the rest of his life trying to get out which is incredibly sad. Hopefully he will get the justice that he deserves.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i think i have no idea WTF the site is about.

horribly designed web page.

WHAT am i looking at.

WHY should I free him?

WHAT did he do?

none of that is answered on the home page, and i lost interest.

hire someone better next time to make a useful site if you want help

:bash:

5. punkyjewster41

punkyjewster41 Senior Member

^ I agree, besides figuring out that he was somehow mixed up in a shoot-out, I couldnt figure out what the exact story is.

6. Guy

Guy Senior Member

Essentially,

Of course that may be a bit biased coming from his website, but i don't think that Peltier has been given a fair shake. I think that the fbi wanted somebody to blame for the deaths of their agents and Peltier got stuck with it. I mean when Clinton was even considering a pardon a few hundred fbi agents decided to protest at the white house.

7. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I know who Peltier is and that site does suck. Just like B said "what am I looking at?" is the general feeling from teh home page, he should fire the designer.

8. micah

micah Senior Member

yeah i looked for about a minuute, gathered what a could from the gazillion links and said fuck it lol

9. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

I've been an active part in the "Free Leonard Peltier" movements for years now. And yes, his case is one of big government just making an example out of him. You can call the warden, she'll speak to you about it. She gets calls from the Native American interests to much that she's on a first-name basis.

-> Steve

10. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

You guys might not believe this but the site wasn't built with the intention of entertainng you. I think guy has the right idea here... you have to read it.

[​IMG]

I mean come on this guy has been imprissioned, quite possibly unjustly, for 27 years and all you can say is their website wasn't built to your standards? I think you might have missed the point.... <_<

11. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

S
    I think you are missing the point. The site sucks. I don't think anyone was looking for a funny video clip or some shit, but maybe a cohesive idea of what the site is about on the fucking HOME page.

Something that would actually compel you to look through the site and find out more info instead of a bunch of jumbled links to articles and eveidence that you don't know what it's for.

Other than "The Case of Leonard Peltier : Natice American Political Prisoner", There is nothing to let you know what you're looking at.

Maybe something like "27 years ago Leonard Peltier was wrongfully imprisoned for the murder of two FBI agents during a shoot out on Jumping Bull Ranch", or something.

Would be a better front page http://www.freepeltier.org/peltier_faq.htm

12. dveit

dveit Well-Known Member VIP

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted