cam gear setting?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

j954drgsr

I will be going to the dyno soon but for now i want to mess around with my cam gear setting and im not sure where to put my degree at. Any experience or facts would be appreciated. i have a gsr head with skunk 2 manifold and itr cams.

Originally posted by swanny+Feb 17 2005, 07:45 PM-->
Originally posted by integraslut78@Feb 17 2005, 09:21 PM
swanny
@Feb 17 2005, 04:49 PM
+4 intake, and -2 exhaust
[post=462335]Quoted post[/post]​

How do you know that?
[post=462342]Quoted post[/post]​

From searching.
[post=462365]Quoted post[/post]​

Searching what? I would not adjust cam gears myself I would have a tuner do it.
Every engine is different. I am just curious where you got this info everyone I know would just take it to the tuner and not touch it themselves.

Originally posted by swanny@Feb 17 2005, 06:49 PM
+4 intake, and -2 exhaust
[post=462335]Quoted post[/post]​

i can try that but i have it at in-2 and ex0 and it smooth out my power band meaning no more lag and then a jerk in power. back to your setting, is +4 and -2 suppose to give u more tourq and mid range power?

Originally posted by integraslut78+Feb 17 2005, 11:30 PM-->
@Feb 17 2005, 10:59 PM
There is a decent writeup on the basics at http://www.hondata.com/techcamtiming.html

There really is no generic "setting" you need to get it on the dyno and tune them.
[post=462477]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you.
[post=462501]Quoted post[/post]​

i agree, each motor is diferent, it all depends on how it was built or if it remains stock inside, cuz one degree wrong will significatly mess up the performace, usually on a stock motor(internals i mean) you can usually go 1 or 2 in either +-
its a learning experience, some are uncomfortable doing it and some are not. it can be a big risk, but with a big risk you can either get a big loss or a big gain. its up to you. if you do some research for it, and can retain the information, its really quite easy to adjust. good luck :)

There is zero risk if you have done the proper measurements and preparations before tuning the cam gears. Take it to someone who knows what they are doing if you are just flying blind here.

Back