camber alignment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jtornado

Before I installed a camber kit in the top front, my tires looked like this /_\ and after I installed them they look like this |_| but now my tires tow outwards which looks like this, this is the top view of the tires like your looking from the hood. \_\ ___/_/. Do I need to shorten my control arms on the bottom?????? Oh yea not to mention that my drivers side axle popped out of my tranny. Will a 1.5 axle fit on my 1.6 cause they look the same length and i tried to put the 1.5 in and it does work like it wont grab the tranny.

Last edited:
well it doesn't look like I have positive camber. both of my tires are like turned outwards when the wheel is straight and it looks neutral camber but my tires looks flat, its like there is to much weight on the tires. I was gonna get an alignment but then my axle popped out of my tranny. should I put the axle back in and bring it to the shop to get an alignment????

Last edited:
You were describing toe-out. That's what happens when you add camber to a car that has 0 toe with the tie rods behind the spindles.
Axle should be the same between the two engines. Make sure the spring on the axle fully seats in the tranny this time and then take it straight to the alignment shop.

I can't say I'm suprised, seeing that it was Autozone. Luckily I haven't had that bad of luck.

No the axle is not new.... im bring the car in on friday to get an alignment and then ill let you guys know how it is from there

okay another thing.....on the camber kit they printed an "R" and an "L". I put the L on the drivers side and put the R on the passengers side......but what still confuses me is why would my drivers side axle keep falling out, my passengers side axle never falls out. How much of a gap is there suppose to be between the tranny hole and the fat part of the axle???

Back