Camber correction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16coupe

I have a 93 civic and have lowered it 2 inches. I was wondering by how many degrees should i adjust my camber. I don't know it this would matter that much, but i have extra weight in the front from the b16 that might have lowered my car a little more.

buy a camber kit. anything 2 inches or lower is going to chew both your front and rear tires up. well worth the $200

The best way is to put a camber kit on the car as suggested, then go have it professionally aligned. They'll deal with any camber or toe issues that may have arisen from the lowering or engine swap. Everything should be set back to zero (within tolerances).

when i lowered my car i just put on the kits, then adjusted it to what i thought it was, then lowered the car off the jack and eyeballed my camber, if it was off one way or the other, i jacked the bad boy back up and adjusted it however it needed. it will only take you about 30 minutes to do the whole car this way and it is a lot cheaper than getting an alignment.

i would not suggest "eyeballing" you camber, if anything at least use a level (on a perfectly flat surface of course).

Originally posted by B16@Oct 29 2003, 10:38 AM
i would not suggest "eyeballing" you camber, if anything at least use a level (on a perfectly flat surface of course).

:werd:

If you're spending money on a camber kit, why not spend an extra $40-$50 to get it aligned?

on the other hand I lowered my car about 1.8" all around and I didn't need a camber kit.

I was planning on buying a cheap camber kit off of ebay. Is this a good idea or no. I don't have a lot of money to spend. The main reason I want one is because my launches suck even with an lsd and when I look at the black marks it looks like two bycicles are burning then off next to each other. Barely half of my tire has a good contact patch. But anyway I was wondering if there is a rule of thumb for adjusting camber. I read on one web site that 1/2 a degree for every inch you lower it. Does this sound right.

Thanks for your help.

It really depends on the car and the rest of the suspension setup. As suggested, you could go to a hardware store and buy a level, then use that to measure how far off you are. Don't "eyeball" it.

Also, I learned the hard way not to buy cheap shit. From Ebay or anywhere. If you want you and/or your car to be happy in the long run, wait until you can afford a good camber kit.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 30 2003, 12:40 PM

Also, I learned the hard way not to buy cheap shit. From Ebay or anywhere. If you want you and/or your car to be happy in the long run, wait until you can afford a good camber kit.

:werd:

Ingalls makes good camber kits.

Beware! Some places will try to charge you a lot more to align your car if it has been modified with aftermarket suspension parts. I had a place tell me $100 min for a 4 wheel alignment. Just a heads up man.

Back