Camber Kit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nope I have a 1992 Civic DX sedan. I like my sedan, it's nice having four doors.
ya i edited my post but it wasnt fast enough you got to it before i did.

sounds like you got quite the spendy (but right) setup in mind
:notworthy2:
let me know how it all works out. im looking for some good coilovers now, but dont wanna get outta the $400 range.. :hmm:

im also working on ditching the ebay bars.. lmfao.. they work for the money, but dont really provide the purpose.. mine squeek some times

ya i edited my post but it wasnt fast enough you got to it before i did.

sounds like you got quite the spendy (but right) setup in mind
:notworthy2:
let me know how it all works out. im looking for some good coilovers now, but dont wanna get outta the $400 range.. :hmm:

im also working on ditching the ebay bars.. lmfao.. they work for the money, but dont really provide the purpose.. mine squeek some times
skunk2 is in the 400 dollar range

Thats in the $600 range :D

like i said... $400 range rofl.

im selling my 17's to a guy tonight or tomorrow for $500 cash.. hate to see em go, but im tired of the rubbin w/ a mild drop.

gsr blades are gonna go on it now. im just addicted to the dam things

Um...half the reason for lowering your car is so that you get MORE negative camber. If you're installing PIC coilovers I'm going to assume you race the car in some fashion. For AutoX (the only form I can speak for) you want -2 to -3 degrees front camber and -0.5 to -1 degrees in back.

A common misconception is that camber wears tires. This is not true. Poor caster and toe settings are what really chew up tires. Since the contact patch under straight driving is less with more negative camber, you notice inside wear more easily, but trust me, that's more to do with your toe than anything else.

Um...half the reason for lowering your car is so that you get MORE negative camber. If you're installing PIC coilovers I'm going to assume you race the car in some fashion. For AutoX (the only form I can speak for) you want -2 to -3 degrees front camber and -0.5 to -1 degrees in back.

A common misconception is that camber wears tires. This is not true. Poor caster and toe settings are what really chew up tires. Since the contact patch under straight driving is less with more negative camber, you notice inside wear more easily, but trust me, that's more to do with your toe than anything else.

Really, huh, I just assumed camber = extra wear.

Yea I plan on doing AutoX, there are events like once a month or so relatively close to my house.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Make sure you get good alignment, like a REAL alignment. Take your car to a race shop and have them do it, it'll be more expensive but much more precise. Also remember, every time you adjust your ride height, you need to realign, so set your height, get it aligned and just leave it.

I'm lucky, I have a buddy that owns an alignment shop and he hooks up us local autoxers. You should talk to people in your club and see who they use. Most autoXers are nice guys/girls and are usually very willing to help out.

Last edited:
it has make offer on it lol

ya i know, i offered up to 475 and got rejected. they look nice though.

Just sold my 17's for $500 and the guy paid me $75 for taking them off my car and putting them on his.. LMAO.. easy money. i got more money outta those rims then i pair for them :D

so whats a guy to do when he has snow tires on his car in spring and hates rotas...
actualy, scratch that. im gonna make a new post, sorry Chaz.. im kinda thread jackin ya a little here. my bad:(

bottom line is camber will wear the tires down no matter how good the toe is,the is a limit that if the camber goes past the tire will start to wear.

ya i know, i offered up to 475 and got rejected. they look nice though.

Just sold my 17's for $500 and the guy paid me $75 for taking them off my car and putting them on his.. LMAO.. easy money. i got more money outta those rims then i pair for them :D

so whats a guy to do when he has snow tires on his car in spring and hates rotas...
actualy, scratch that. im gonna make a new post, sorry Chaz.. im kinda thread jackin ya a little here. my bad:(

Haha, that's fine. I don't care, it's all good.

Make sure you get good alignment, like a REAL alignment. Take your car to a race shop and have them do it, it'll be more expensive but much more precise. Also remember, every time you adjust your ride height, you need to realign, so set your height, get it aligned and just leave it.

I'm lucky, I have a buddy that owns an alignment shop and he hooks up us local autoxers. You should talk to people in your club and see who they use. Most autoXers are nice guys/girls and are usually very willing to help out.

That sounds like a good idea. I'm going to have to look around and find a place to go. Any people that live within 50 miles of Seattle, WA know of a good place to go?

That sounds like a good idea. I'm going to have to look around and find a place to go. Any people that live within 50 miles of Seattle, WA know of a good place to go?
ya actually i do Chaz. um, gimme a day or so to remember the name of the place, its on 12 ave in downtown seattle. they do full race allignments all the way down to basics. they are REALLY good. my dad took his drag camaro there.

the shop is kinda kiddie corner wedged between 14th and 12th ave by raineer ave. its by island detail, i used to work there so i was over at that shop from time to time picking up cars or wheels and tires. just cant remember the name at the moment, sorry.

ill try and get the name for you if i can find it

ya actually i do Chaz. um, gimme a day or so to remember the name of the place, its on 12 ave in downtown seattle. they do full race allignments all the way down to basics. they are REALLY good. my dad took his drag camaro there.

the shop is kinda kiddie corner wedged between 14th and 12th ave by raineer ave. its by island detail, i used to work there so i was over at that shop from time to time picking up cars or wheels and tires. just cant remember the name at the moment, sorry.

ill try and get the name for you if i can find it

Ok thanks.

Back