cams wont fit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alicesharp

I bought some cams to put in my b16 B) . they are skunk 2, but they arent long enough for some reason. how do you tell them apart, they look identical...thanks

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Oct 19 2004, 10:57 PM
One is keyed, the other is not.

Me thinks you need a Helm manual.
[post=405013]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: the keyed one is the intake cam and it is keyed for your distributor.

if you cant figure this out how are you gonna install the cams?
do you own a torque wrench?
a manual is 40 bucks and the first tool you buy when you get a car

thanks guys, ok i see the keyd diference now, so im going to try to install them again tommorrow. i did a rael quick modification to make them long enough, they were like 1/4 in to smal for som wierd ass reason, but i thik got it now. thanks.

its not a "weird ass reason" that you can just shrug off and fix. if they dont fix, and you have the intake and exhaust cams in the right place, then they are most likely the wrong cams.

WTF :blink: you modified you cams???????? I have a feeling you will never get your engine runing right with the cams, do to that statement of yours.

Originally posted by alicesharp@Oct 20 2004, 12:17 AM
thanks guys, ok i see the keyd diference now, so im going to try to install them again tommorrow. i did a rael quick modification to make them long enough, they were like 1/4 in to smal for som wierd ass reason, but i thik got it now. thanks.
[post=405056]Quoted post[/post]​

are you sure they're skunk2?

You did what????

Good luck with that one skippy. Don't come near my engines.......

put the tools down, hand the cams to a mechanic and step away from the fucking car...

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Oct 21 2004, 05:27 AM
lol dont do that .^^^ you should ask any one on here (www.hondaswap.com) or any other forum how to install cam shafts on your engine ... it can save you lots of time money and hassle do a alot of research before geussing on how to install a part that will not operate if not installed correctly ! thats what everyonwe is here for to help people out who dont know what there doing (and entertain and sell and yatta yattta ) but also to help people like you out.. doesnt mean your stupid just means you dont know how to put cams in .. ya gotta learn somewhere and why not this be the place to learn ! email if you questions on the install driftdreams@hotmail.com :thumbsup:
[post=405549]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL key word is (entertain)

all he would have to do is cut them add a washer in between them and weld them back together...that should make them reach to the end. doesn't sound too hard.

:ph34r:

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Oct 21 2004, 10:10 AM
all he would have to do is cut them add a washer in between them and weld them back together...that should make them reach to the end. doesn't sound too hard.

[post=405577]Quoted post[/post]​

OMG, you have to be kidding.......

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster+Oct 21 2004, 07:09 PM-->
webink_EK9
@Oct 21 2004, 10:10 AM

[post=405577]Quoted post[/post]​

OMG, you have to be kidding.......
[post=405857]Quoted post[/post]​

Hi, and welcome to having a sense of humor..... :wave:

or you could put in a duct tape spacer.

i think you should send the cams back, and tell them they are the wrong ones, and get the right set.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Oct 21 2004, 10:00 PM
or you could put in a duct tape spacer.

i think you should send the cams back, and tell them they are the wrong ones, and get the right set.
[post=405967]Quoted post[/post]​

you have got to be shitting me :blink: :ph34r:

why didn't your mod work? seems to me like it should have. Anyway, post some photos of what you did so we can give you better advice. Good luck

Back