Cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

i have skunk2 gam gears so I wanna put in stage 1 skunk 2 cams, what else should I change, springs retainers,valves???? What should I change so I don't damage my motor. Plus in canada theres this thing called aircare, where your vehicle is tested for emmisions, with these larger cams will my car be putting out higher emmisions.

:withstupid:

the skunk2 cams dont change the profile of the low lobes so there will be no difference in the cars emissions testing (they dont test you on the high lobes)

You don't have to change your valvetrain for Stage I cams, just drop them in. But if I were you, I'd go with Stage II cams, its only about $50 more in difference but with Stage II cams you have to upgrade the valve train, but its worth it. If your still stuck on just getting Stage I's, save your money and just buy some 2000 ITR cams, they're almost the same and you can get a pair from starting at about $300.

how much more power are the stage 2 gonna give me then the stage 1, whats a better bang for the buck, if the stage 2 are only a lil bit more in price and alot more power then I'd go witht hem.

Way more bang for the buck, not sure about the power differences but its more which is better, and just for about $50 more its way worth it. Upgrading the valve train is gonna be about $450 though, but get a better ECU and raise your redline and you'll have WAY more power then.

springs and retainers

then whatever else you want to do ... PnP, # angle valve job, etc...

As was mentioned before, the best bang for your buck cam wise would be the CTR or ITR cams, I prefer the CTR Intake cam, and eather Exhaust cam since they are the same. You will save $$$ too. If you can, get CTR or ITR Valve Springs and retainers, I've seen them used quite a bit on high rpm high boost cars.

Back