camshafts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95silverprelude

I just purchased another prelude, a 1998 prelude sh, and im going to do an all motor build. The car is going to be daily driven so nothing too crazy aiming for 220-230 whp. Ive been looking into cams and dont know which route to take. I did some research and people say brian crower gains just arent too great. The skunk2 2 series have a little better gains, but stage three is only for race motors. I also looked into jun cams. Anyone have experience on this or know which is the best cam with the most gains while keeping some reliability. P.S. it is going on a h22A with stock bottom end, and the head will be milled, dont know how much set that descision will be made after the cams are chosen.
Thanks

Anything greater than "stage 2" will require higher compression for you to see a benefit. I've heard good things about all the said suppliers. If the cams have a similar grind, then the differences between them will be negligible. More important will be a good tune. I'd also invest in a nice Tri-Y header.

yeah thats the first thing I ordered Tri-y will be here monday, the motor is going to be higher compression by shaving the head. I guess ill have to call the companies and get feedback or call my tuner.

I would say look into Brian Crower. I looked at price and other reviews between Crower and Jun Cams. I have a turbo set up running stage 3 Cams, But from alot of people I heard the Stage 2 N/A Cams tune very well w/o a port an polish, also would recomend A good set of Cam gears, I went with Skunk 2 Agj and they tuned in flawlessly... Just some of my imput there

Back