CAN COPS...?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

OK so the other night i was with my friends and thier cars and we were just chilling in this gas station not doing anything just talking and stuff. Then like 6 cops rolled up and told us all to get our license, registration and insurance out and put it on the windshield. Then they said to pop our hoods. They went one by one giving everyong tickets for their intakes and exhaust. Even tho they had the carb stickers and stamps on the stuff. Can cops just force you to pop your hood and do that?

you know what i dont think there is anything a cop CAN'T do. hoestly. my friend had neons on in a parking lot and and they gave him a ticket for that. i got a ticket for wite turn signals(new is300's have them). my girlfried got pulled over and got a ticket for modified exhaust. fuck um

You're in Cali... right? I suspect that the cops are very sensitive to kids hanging out in their import cars chilling in any parking lot in your state. A few kids causing trouble can ruin it for everyone else. If you were not actively doing business with that gas station, it could be considered loitering. Perhaps it was the gas station management that asked the police to check you guys out. What were the tickets for? If they had the correct carb stickers on them, you should be able to successfully contest the tickets.

if you are not white....and the cops were....

why dont you fuck with them back.

racism allegations seem to be the new rage nowadays :)

no they cant. they cant just search you without consent or cause. if they say "can you pop the hood?" you can say no. just like if you get pulled over, say "wheres the warrant" atleast in vt thats how it is. done that multiple times.

I suppose that one could just ask the cops if you have to pop your hood. They aren't allowed to lie to you about that stuff. I've never been in that situation though.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@May 8 2004, 09:27 PM
no they cant. they cant just search you without consent or cause. if they say "can you pop the hood?" you can say no. just like if you get pulled over, say "wheres the warrant" atleast in vt thats how it is. done that multiple times.

If you say no you cannot search my car. most cops will say ok stay put. Go back to their car and then call into HQ and ask for a reason to search you.

5-10-30-45 mins later they will search your car with a cause, what cause? who knows but they will find one.

Maryland sometimes does traffic stops for drugs where they stop EVERY car and have a dog sniff out the car they found almost 80something cars with drugs in one weekend.

This brings up the question again CAN they search your car? no they cannot atlest not with out a reason, can they find some BS reason to search your car? It make take a few mins but they sure as hell can.

ive been stopped many a times in mass, and ive never ever been searched, never been asked to pop the hood, and ive never been given a ticket for my bolt ons, dropped suspension and etc.

i dunno what you guys are doing wrong... :shrug2: my car is 2 different colors as well.

The funny thing here is, if your car got broken into while you were in that gas station, the cops wouldn't have done anything cause you're on private property and all.

over here the cops dont even check ride height and all that(north carolina). the only law i know about customizing your car is you need a license plate that is clearly visible in the rear, no colored headlights, neons, or strobes, and window tinting can be up to 30%.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@May 9 2004, 01:09 AM
over here the cops dont even check ride height and all that(north carolina). the only law i know about customizing your car is you need a license plate that is clearly visible in the rear, no colored headlights, neons, or strobes, and window tinting can be up to 30%.

Actually, you can tint up to 35% in NC You can only alter the height of the vehicle up to 6" up or down. You can have two aux lights and they must project 500 ft, white front, red rear. NC DMV site

;)

I used to fuck a parallegal. Her current hubby is a lawyer. We're still friends so I can call them anytime. Can I search your car, "nope."
"can I call my lawyer?"

I have a criminal justice degree. The most important thing to know, is that during a regular search, cops cannot open any locked container. If they can just pull the hood popper and pop your hood, it's fair game. Same goes for the trunk.

However, if you lock the lever to the trunk, lock your glovebox, and find some way to lock the hood(a key needed), then they MUST have a warrant to open it. They can ask you all day long to open it for them, and will probably lie to you. Yes, cops lie a lot. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way son." Hard way then. I was going to be a cop at one time, but I found that I couldn't stand their bullshit. Lock your shit up, don't consent to opening it.

i've never had a cop ask me to pop my hood... for any reason... i've had them tell me i needed to leave the place i was at if i wasn't a customer.

either the cop who talked to you is a full on asshole... or... you WERE doing something you're neglecting to tell us.

but, as most people will agree with, it's probably because i'm a chick, and the cops that stopped me have always been guys...

you should get a sex change... make sure you look good. then cops won't fuck with you. unless they're chicks themselves.... :shrug2:

Originally posted by tab@May 9 2004, 03:49 PM
I used to fuck a parallegal. Her current hubby is a lawyer. We're still friends so I can call them anytime. Can I search your car, "nope."
"can I call my lawyer?"

I have a criminal justice degree. The most important thing to know, is that during a regular search, cops cannot open any locked container. If they can just pull the hood popper and pop your hood, it's fair game. Same goes for the trunk.

However, if you lock the lever to the trunk, lock your glovebox, and find some way to lock the hood(a key needed), then they MUST have a warrant to open it. They can ask you all day long to open it for them, and will probably lie to you. Yes, cops lie a lot. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way son." Hard way then. I was going to be a cop at one time, but I found that I couldn't stand their bullshit. Lock your shit up, don't consent to opening it.

LOL nice intro bro.

do what i did. when my car was boosted, (ek civic) i took some channel locks and grabbed the level that you pull to open the hood. i twisted and turned it, untill the handle broke off.

all that was left was a 1/4 inch plastic rod (shortened).

in order to open the hood now, you need a pair of pliers to pull on the 1/4 plastic rod.

in my trunk were the pliers and a rag.

the rag was to wipe off the grease I had put on the 1/4 piece of plastic (that used to be attached to the handle)

so when you put your fingers on the remnants of the hood latch opening thingy, you can barely get a grip, and with the grease on there.....its near impossible to open.

without the rag and pliers (which are hidden in the trunk)

:)

or get the latch relocated like in the mid 90s nissan altima(instead of pulling a latch up you push a lever sideways). that thing took me a good 20 minutes to figure out.

Depending on where you live the cops will fuck with you no matter what. I know here in Ontatio/Upland California, I have been pulled over countless times, they have never asked me to pop my hood, but they have checked for ride heigth and what not, I just try to watch as best I can and hope I don't get caught, too bad that will never happen.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@May 10 2004, 01:25 AM
Depending on where you live the cops will fuck with you no matter what. I know here in Ontatio/Upland California, I have been pulled over countless times, they have never asked me to pop my hood, but they have checked for ride heigth and what not, I just try to watch as best I can and hope I don't get caught, too bad that will never happen.

i'm gunna laugh so hard when you do, now that you said that.

Back