can hear vtec but no power

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 94 civc hatch with a gsr swap.....my vtec is working you can hear it come in but it doesnt have no power....it was throwing the vtec pressure code but isnt nomore....does anyone know anything?

maybe what you hear is the butterflies in the intake opening, and not vtec. i'm pretty sure vtec will not engage if there is a problem with the vtec pressure switch/system.

i checked the wires they all are tight...i have no clue......anyone know of anything that can cause a sudden power loss or cause the vtec not towrk properly

put a vtec light in first off, to know for sure if it is working or not...

and is the motor warm when you try pushing it for vtec?

Checked the oil lately?

actually i do need to change the oil ive only put like 800 miles in it....i bought it with the swapin it so i dont know how many miles this oil has on it.....ive checked it it reads fine....but if the oil is old will that affect anything

your vtec pressure is prob fuxored mang

the code went away without you doing anything???
first mistake

how long did you run it while it was throwing codes?
you may have fooked it?

well it was code 22.... i dont have a book yet 3 people have told me 3 different things i need a book or does anyone know the code for sure?

Here are a few things to do. One make sure your oil is full. Reset the ecu take out the fuse for a solid minute. I would suggest takeing the silinod off. Make sure the screen is not cloged up with old oil and shit. You can also take it apart if you see there is a lot of deposit on the valve break cleaner will help you out and auto tranny fluid will really clean it up. If you have a bad speed sensor or a loose sensor cable vtec will not work. If it is a gsr make sure the butterfly valves are working check the vacum lines. Make sure you ecu is grounded well not just flopping around. You could also just have a bad oil pressure sending unit.

ive checked all that stuff its still running like a rag.....heres what happen my tranny went out we put a new one in(95 gsr tranny)...since then it just hasnt ran the same...ive have no clue anypne?

Originally posted by 92Gsrhatch@Apr 11 2004, 06:39 PM
yeah its warm....u can hear it it come in but its like no increase....it use to throw u back in the seat

veeeeeeeeeeeeeteeeeeeeeeeeeec, y0o0o0o0o00000000000!!!!1!!!1!!!
:vtecpic:

found a loose wire(its and added wire to the harness) it looks like it would run under the intake manifold but cant tell....anyone know if there is something under there would cause this?

Back