Can i drive without a CPS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

poops87

did a head swap on my zc and the cps cel is popping up can i drive it without the cps input? and it not explode??

any help appreciated i need to know soon i have to drive to school (college exams)

thanks in advance!!!

Aren't you the guy with the rod knock? I wouldn't drive it b/c of that, not the cps code. The cps code won't make your engine explode. May cause it to not run though. Depends on why that code is set. Don't be shocked if it stalls and won't restart.

Quoted post[/post]]
Aren't you the guy with the rod knock? I wouldn't drive it b/c of that, not the cps code. The cps code won't make your engine explode. May cause it to not run though. Depends on why that code is set. Don't be shocked if it stalls and won't restart.

Rod KNock? i don't think i am but any who it throws a 8 then 9 code and it runs but it like doesn't do a very good job in higher Rpms and lacks all power yeah

Sorry, I was thinking of a different thread. Definitely wasn't you. Back to original question:You can drive it but for how long and how it performs are the real questions. Have you checked and made sure you didn't damage or disconnect any wiring at the distributor?

Quoted post[/post]]
Sorry, I was thinking of a different thread. Definitely wasn't you. Back to original question:You can drive it but for how long and how it performs are the real questions. Have you checked and made sure you didn't damage or disconnect any wiring at the distributor?

hey thanks for keeping a good tone about the head stud thing and
yeah i did check to see if i damaged it it looks perfect

Hey, no problem.
I really can't say that you would be safe to drive because things like that(electronics) don't have an alarm to go by. When it decides to take a shit, it takes a shit. Drive at your own risk. Good luck with exams.

yes you can drive with the code 9. ever since i turbo'd ive been getting that CEL and my dizzy has been knocking like something is broke(thats where the sensor is)
ive put about 6k on it since then and havent had any issues. the only main problem is it takes a couple extra cranks to start, which is the main purpose of the sensor

Hey thanks guys i replaced it and it looks like its fin im not getting a check engine light but the ecu still throws a 9 but car runs pretty good other than that

Back