Can i get abs?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ultiima

Just bought my first swap,but was wondering why i got the P30 ecu? is this the same as p28 or is P28 better? can someone tell me the diffrence?

I also got a brake conversion kit,but this kit comes whit abs...Can i get it to work,when my stock honda is whitout abs? or should i just ignore it? (sorry if my english is bad,im Norwegian :)

damn good english

i would ignore the ABS
you possibly could get it to work, but you need EVERYTHING, and i mean everything,and i don't think it will be worth the hassle...

and check the refrence section on this site to see if you have the right ecu for your swap...

whats your car, and what motor?

Its a civic vei,think its the sama as the VX in the states and its a b16sir2

Originally posted by ultiima@Dec 10 2004, 05:57 PM
Just bought my first swap,but was wondering why i got the P30 ecu? is this the same as p28 or is P28 better? can someone tell me the diffrence?

I also got a brake conversion kit,but this kit comes whit abs...Can i get it to work,when my stock honda is whitout abs? or should i just ignore it? (sorry if my english is bad,im Norwegian :)
[post=430161]Quoted post[/post]​

well which swap did you get? a b16a2? if so you need the p30 because the fuel mapping is made for that engine as for the p28 it is better only because you don't need the knock sensor but you need to chip the ecu and get it tuned, also the p28 is meant for a sohc vtec

You got a P30 because that is the ECU for the B16A2 (in Europe the 5th gens B16A had a 2 at the end for all the USDM people).

As far as the ABS, you can still use the brakes no problem. I always remove the wiring and sensors to make it look cleaner, but if you leave them no biggy, just ziptie the wires out of the way.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Dec 11 2004, 07:24 AM
You got a P30 because that is the ECU for the B16A2 (in Europe the 5th gens B16A had a 2 at the end for all the USDM people).

As far as the ABS, you can still use the brakes no problem. I always remove the wiring and sensors to make it look cleaner, but if you leave them no biggy, just ziptie the wires out of the way.
[post=430409]Quoted post[/post]​

hmm...can i also use the vx wiring harness,or do i have to change this also.?

Originally posted by ultiima+Dec 11 2004, 12:23 PM-->
@Dec 11 2004, 07:24 AM

[post=430439]Quoted post[/post]​

The brakes will work, however, you'll never be able to get the ABS part to work. You need the modulator, the brake sensor, new axles, new rear hubs, the ABS computer module, tons of new lines and a few other things. It would be near impossible to get to work. The brakes will work fine without abs. All you need to do is remove the ABS sensors on the knuckls and trailing arm if they have them still on there, and bolt the brakes right up.

Did your engine come with an uncut harness?

Originally posted by asmallsol+Dec 11 2004, 12:48 PM-->
Originally posted by ultiima@Dec 11 2004, 12:23 PM
92b16vx
@Dec 11 2004, 07:24 AM

[post=430439]Quoted post[/post]​

The brakes will work, however, you'll never be able to get the ABS part to work. You need the modulator, the brake sensor, new axles, new rear hubs, the ABS computer module, tons of new lines and a few other things. It would be near impossible to get to work. The brakes will work fine without abs. All you need to do is remove the ABS sensors on the knuckls and trailing arm if they have them still on there, and bolt the brakes right up.

Did your engine come with an uncut harness?
[post=430460]Quoted post[/post]​

No..but a guy from the norwagian honda forum said that i cant use the stock vx wire harness. i been reading you can...so now im confused.. as for the abs part i got everything (axels,arm,hubs..but not the controll unit) but if the brakes works without,im just gonna rip the sensors off :)

Yes you can use the VX (Vei) harness, all you have to do is convert to a four wire o2 sensor (the wires on the tranny side will be tight, but they can reach). Look in the articles section, there is a guide for this specific swap.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Dec 11 2004, 03:33 PM
Yes you can use the VX (Vei) harness, all you have to do is convert to a four wire o2 sensor (the wires on the tranny side will be tight, but they can reach). Look in the articles section, there is a guide for this specific swap.
[post=430497]Quoted post[/post]​

Thx!

Back