can someone tell me what ECU this is

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
cam someone tell me what ECU this is??? its suppsoe to be P28 but when i compared it to some other p28's...it dosent seem to look the same. can someone please verify for me

gallery_31683_265_3152.jpg

i dont have the ECU yet ...someones suppsoe to be selling it to me but before i actually buy it i wanna verify that its an actual p28

Originally posted by eg6sir@Sep 16 2005, 12:41 AM
i have a obd1 pr3 for sale
[post=555303]Quoted post[/post]​

if i see you spamming this damn ecu in the tech forums again you're getting a warning. stop. put it in your sig or something.

as for the OP question, i have no idea... i can't see a damn thing.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 16 2005, 05:52 AM-->
@Sep 16 2005, 12:41 AM
i have a obd1 pr3 for sale
[post=555303]Quoted post[/post]​

if i see you spamming this damn ecu in the tech forums again you're getting a warning. stop. put it in your sig or something.

as for the OP question, i have no idea... i can't see a damn thing.
[post=555377]Quoted post[/post]​

hey sorry bout that....didnt even realize where i was posting....you wont see it anymore...its sold

i can get any better pics than that because it in an auction on ebay...the best i can give you is the link to the auction:

P28 ecu

basically ive compared this ecu to other p28 and they all look the same except for this one. this one had the extra 2 resistors that i had pointed out above. besides that the rest of the ecu looks to be ok but...i still need an opinion.

I think it's an Auto ecu?
Isn't that how 'they' convert the p28 auto to manual is to cut 2 resistors?

Pic from the auction:

c6_1_b.JPG

Skunk2 chipped for a b16 from decription.

26_1_b.JPG

Originally posted by VTECin5th@Sep 17 2005, 07:03 AM
I think it's an Auto ecu?
Isn't that how 'they' convert the p28 auto to manual is to cut 2 resistors?
[post=555831]Quoted post[/post]​

i think so but if you look in his pics it dosent look converted

Looks converted to me. The guy that chipped it just wasnt smart enough to take out the two SI5151s from the ECU to use in another.

that ecu is for an automatic transmission,i clearly remember looking at some site the other day where the differences were pointed out between the automatc ecu's and the manual ecu's the manual ecu would have 1 of those.

26_1_b.JPG

you can clearly see in this pic that it is (or was originally) an automatic tranny ecu because the second to last number is a 5.
read here: https://hondaswap.com/~pills/autotomanual.html

you can also see that in this pic, the housing of the ecu has a different serial number on it, meaning that it is not the original housing for that ecu... just something else to be aware of.
c6_1_b.JPG

also, i would not trust that "chip" and would only buy that ecu if you are planning on having it tuned, or getting a chip with a stock honda rom put in there.

Back