Can you maybe help me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iano

Hello im Ian from Northern Ireland, my first post is a problem so I am sorry hehe.
I have a Honda Civic 1.4 16V 1999 3door hatch with the engine light on. I have only one modification which is the universal savage backbox. I took it to my local Honda dealer and they said the fault code was ABS pump, however after they unplugged the code reader the car started to idle very low so they checked a couple more things and said my car did not have ABS and it was the Distributor unit and I needed a new one, on the reciept it said 'Fault Code 54-RPM Sensor' after checking the internet I found out that fault code 54 is actually 'Crankshaft speed fluctation sensor' rarely while mostly going round a corner or up a hill I press down on the accelerator and nothing happens when switching to 2nd or 3rd gear but this is very rare another thing I am almost postively sure my car is not as quick, now the engine light goes of for about 4 days before coming back on again, any help from anybody will be much apperciated thanks also for reading my story ;)

OoO Fudge I think I may have posted this in the wrong place, did I? Should the story go in the other Civic sections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back