Can you use factory motor mounts with this swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Z6T

Well i have recently stumbled upon a recently import H22a motor from japan that a guy is wanting to sell since he will no longer be using it to swap into his accord. It has everything- Engine, tranny w/LSD, the wiring harness all the way to the firewall (They cut everything on the motor at the firewall), p13 ecu, axles, shift linkage, and i am pretty sure that it had the motor mounts. I would really love to buy this and swap it into my car. The guy is wanting $2500 for everything and I am going to have to sell my dirtbike to get it. So i am gonna have just enough money to buy it, therefore not leaving me any money to buy $650 motor mounts. I know you can use like a 90-93 accord intermediate shaft and 90-93 integra axles, so that will get me by with that for a while, but i am afraid i will have to delay the swap for a pretty good while since i will not have to money to buy the aftermarket motor mounts. So my question is could i use the H22 motor mounts? Would they work. Like I guess it is primarily just the rear mount that is going to give me the problems correct? And that is where i would like to know if the rear prelude mount would work in my car? Thanks alot guys for any help that you can provide me with.

-Keylan-

no, you Will need mounts, this is gonna be one of the more complex swaps though there isint that much to it. Though to do it proper you gonna need some sort of hybrid or custom axles so........

You can get away with that inegra hybrid axle but its not right and probably wont last long. Also make a note that the mounts you do want are not ones that mount to your current ones, as it will misplace the engine in the bay. You want all new mounts that mount to the (mounting point it self) not a motor mount thats mounts on the stock motor mount, as like an addition. The ones you want will envolve a lil cutting at that old mount, if im not mistaken.

We used HCP mounts on ebay for $249 and the fitment is great, you will have to cut part of the transmission mount frame off of the car, so plan on that.
I know you said you didnt have any money for mounts, but ebay now has some cheapies, that i didnt personally try, for $150.
I haven't seen anyone make any other mounts/brackets work right.
The axle issue, we used one integra axle, fit right in? , the h22 intermediate shaft, and used the inner from the h22 and the outer from an integra.
Sorry i cant remember the year, but i think they were 90-93 axles.
Make sure you have a good electric saw or something to cut the hole out for the shift linkage too...because it sparks everywhere and is alot of fun, although i dont usually wear safety glasses, you will really want to, and lay down some cardboard around the inside, and be careful not to cut into the yellow harness, i think its for SRS?
This swap is kinda a bitch to do, and some people might say not to do it, but if you want to do it, go for it, we did it, and used a GSR ecu, and it blew up within a month.
The power it put out was good tho, the car ran like shit, we never figured out the exact routing for the vacuums.
14.7 in a 95 coupe with full interior while running bad is decent, but we expected better.

Back