cannot pull codes from ek

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yps689

Ok, so before I swapped my ecu's around, I had a 99 civic si ecu that I used and I can pull codes from. Now, after I put in my 94 gsr ecu in, I cannot pull any codes or even have the code reader to connect with the ecu nomore. I checked the fuses and it looks good. Have anybody encountered this before and if so, any suggestions?

With a OBD1 ECU you will not be able to pull codes. OBD1 does not have the electronics to talk with the DLC (Data Link Connector) only a OBD2 ECU can do that. If you are having an issue either use the OBD2 ECU to pull the codes or I believe you can pull codes using the OBD1 method with the flashing CEL.

Yes, I used a jumper. Is there any info on how to do the flashing CEL on my car then? Thanks!

https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/88-ecu-error-codes-29109/

honda%20obd1%20diagnostic%20connector-1.jpg

It's also there for 96-00 too, but I think it's green.

Jump the TWO wire plug with a staple/paper clip with the key out, once it's jumped then turn the key to acc. The CEL will start blinking. Long blink is the tens place, short blinks is the ones.

Last edited:
Back