1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant find parts

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by StrapSi, Jan 22, 2008.

1. StrapSi

StrapSi New Member

i just got a super clean 86 rex si with only 157000 mi. it still runs like new so i hate to swap the motor. wheres the best place to look for parts to upgrade. i dont wont much just an extra little kick in the ass when i need it.

2. 1989civichatch

1989civichatch jdm

so you just want some bolt ons? you could start off with an aftermarket intake, then header and full exhaust, my friend has an 88 si rex with those bolt ons and its pretty spunky, for the parts i would go to ultrarev.com, or at your own risk you could look at some ebay sh1t, the excedy clutches on ebay from gripforce are actually true exedy, my buddy with the crx has an ebay exedy and it definatley grips better/harder than my oem clutch

3. CrixSi91

CrixSi91 Junior Member

i would try ebay.

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Keep in mind that he has an 86 model, which is the generation prior to your buddy's car. There's tons of parts available for the 88-91, but it's harder to find stuff for the older cars.

To the OP: Have you been to redpepperracing.com? They specialize in 3rd-gen Civics and 1st-gen CRXs. They could probably tell you where to find parts.

5. tunercrazed

tunercrazed HS Official Hippie

you could always try hilltop auto salvage in johnson city TN idk maybe you'll find something on a junk'd out motor? who knows....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted