1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant get off my d15b7 crank pully

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by ernestoexpresso, Jun 1, 2010.

1. ernestoexpresso

ernestoexpresso New Member

when i turn it,it just spins how do i make it stop spining?

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

impact gun

if that doesnt get it you can use one of these to hold everything in place and keep it from turning

incorrect tool was linked.... correct tool listed below

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  3. rex187

rex187 Member

DO NOT LISTEN TO ANY THING ANYONE HAS SAID SO FAR! that is the wrong tool! that is for the 1.6L and up not for the 1.5L d15b7. i would know i have 2 93 civic with d15b7's in both. Honda has a crankpulley holder for the 1.5L d15b7 that cost like $270 and a braker bar that bolts to it for like $50-$70. i went to my local honda dealer and asked one of their mecanics how to remove the crank pulley and they told me about honda's little tool and then they told me to just use a chain strap wrench, a breaker bar of some sort and a pice of a broken or old rubber belt. wrap the rubber belt around the crankpulley and then use the strapwrench(becareful not to mess up your crank pullley or you might end up having to replace it) around the crank. then use a breaker bar of your liking to brace it aginst something so that it will not rotate. i will go back to honda and get the part numbers for the honda 1.5L crankpulley holder and have them up here later today or tomorrow.

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

correct... thank you for pointing that out
    i edited my post above to reflect that that is the incorrect tool

here are a few links to the correct tool for the D15B7
    [​IMG]

Honda Crankshaft Pulley Holder HEAD ONLY SIR-HO60-2

or this is the same one with the bar
    [​IMG]
    SIR Tools Honda Crankshaft Holder

and here is another that looks like the same company but comes with both types
    [​IMG]
    SIR Tools HO70 Honda / Acura Counter Holder Kit

this one is more money but also comes with both types
    [​IMG]
    OTC4732 Honda/Acura Crankshaft and Harmonic Balancer Holder OTC 4732 OTC Automotive Mechanics Tools

looks to be the same one matco sells for $100 more
    [​IMG]
    Vehicle Service, Drivetrain, Cam/Crankshaft Tools | Matco Tools Online Tool Catalog

have you tried putting the car in gear and having a friend jam the brakes... that should keep the engine from moving

again ive never had an issue getting them off with a decent impact gun

but if the impact you have isnt working or you only have hand tools
    put the socket on the nut and use an extension or two to get the ratchet out to where you can work with it
    support the extensions with a jack stand so you dont have to worry about everything staying lined up
    then use a cheater bar and put some weight into it

heres a video... they have the pulley with the hex hole in it so they are using that tool... but they show how to use the jackstand
    *warning* loud ass music
    YouTube - Auto Repair - Honda Crank Pulley Tool Use

here is another method i found.... but i would be concerned with damaging the pulley
    http://www.ht-archive.com/showthread.php?p=42527567

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted