cant pull OBD codes on 93 teg?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hellbert

the otherday i went out to try to pull codes to see why my car wont start but i cant get any. its a 93 teg b18b1 and harness in a 88 dx CRX. when i turn the key on, only the brake light and the seat belt light come on. it makes the normal beeping noise. the check engine light wont come on. when i short the plug nothing different happens. im stumped... i cant figure out whats going on. ive got so many stupid ass problems right now idk what to do. any help is greatly appriciated...thanks

How is it wired; OBD0 or OBDD1? Also the B18B1 came out in 94, so it isnt a 93 B18B1, cuase they didnt exist.

If the car is OBD0 you turn the key to the ON pos. and with the carpet pulled back count the blinks.

Did you check fuel/spark? FI the car isnt getting these it wont throguh a code for it.

you know what...ur right haha its an A1 im so out of it right now...to much shit to wory about... but its OBd1 so i cant go off the ECU unless you know something i dont know. i didnt get fuel to it i wanted to see if it would throw a code saying something about the spark as to why im not getting any.

the onyl way the car will know something is wrong... is for it to run... lol.

thats what i thought you would say...looks like im going to make real good friends with a multi meter tomorrow... does anyone know if an integra gas tank or just the fuel pump will fit on the crx? i was told something about the crx pump isnt compatable with any other relays, im not sure exactly but i dont think they work with any harness but the crx one.

do you think i could just swap the whole gas tank?

Uhmmm. there's only one way to find out. Other than compare part #'s. Call honda, hten call acura getting Part #s from both cars.

Back