Car Alarm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vietec

What brand name car alarm do you guys recommend the most? I am looking for a good alarm but Also on a tight budget. I want alarm that warns or goes on when you tap the car lightly, u guys have any suggestion on alarms that duz that

Compustar=:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ont he other hand lack of money is pushing me towards DEI for my new alarm I am getting.

That DEI Up there yeah, is a waste of money no pins, just a base model alarm with 1 shock sensor, not even dual zone. The biggest thing with alarms is you have to have the pins that will go off if touched, like hatch, dome light, hood, and that's where cost comes into play, but they go for like 40 each installed w/ an alarm usually so they catch up to you on price pretty fast.

crimestoper
or alpine!

I have installed both they work great and are a breaze to install.
(get the built in starter versions)

I've worked with clifford, alpine and Dei products (viper, sidewinder) and find the DEI shock sensor, when tied to the cars main harness as recommended to be the least likely to false and be the most consistent. If you can find a place to buy the DEI uninstalled, the pricing is very reasonable for the quality received. If relatively unfamiliar with auto wiring then pay to have the thing installed. Alarms are only as good as they are installed!

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jul 10 2003, 11:18 AM
Compustar=:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ont he other hand lack of money is pushing me towards DEI for my new alarm I am getting.

That DEI Up there yeah, is a waste of money no pins, just a base model alarm with 1 shock sensor, not even dual zone. The biggest thing with alarms is you have to have the pins that will go off if touched, like hatch, dome light, hood, and that's where cost comes into play, but they go for like 40 each installed w/ an alarm usually so they catch up to you on price pretty fast.

i have a mile and a quarter range on my page system if any one breaks in my car :) i had my compustar in for a year and no problems, I just love it! it cost me about 530 it put it in i m getting a second horn and my remote start put in tis winter.

Back