car died and not getting spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99civicJDMh22

Got a d16y8 car was running fine then just shut off. Then it wouldnt start checked everything problem is no spark. replaced coil pack still no spark. any one plz help. car cranks but wont turn over thanks.

check the modular in the dizzy its got the to screws by the coil pack either on take them out and go to autoo zone and have it tested

I had the same problem with my D16 when i changed the rotor it's you distributor. It would crank and crank but no spark and wont turn over. DIZZY!

Inside the dizzy is the ignitor and coil. both replaceable parts, ignitor being a few dollars more than the coil though. other than that check your plugs and wires.

ignitor man if u rev high alot it gets hot inside the dizzy causing it it f up. make sure all the wires hooking up to it are on good . take like 5 minutes to take it apart dont mess up and of the little screws

same happened to me when i swapped my motor out, i bought a "new dizzy" and spent months trying to find why it wouldn't start and it was the "new" dizzy being faulty the whole time, so like everyone else said check every thing in your dizzy out.

when it comes to cap and rotors i use honda parts. the rotors have a little play alot of times when i get them from auozone and other parts stores. i know alot of people use them with no problems but one bad experience with autozone rotors and i never trusted them again from there. check your rotor and cap and ignitor. hope one of those is what it is at worst

Back