car dies right after start up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pooksy64

RidetilldeathdousparT
I had a quick question, if its something common. main relay im thinking?(<--have not checked yet) I go to start my car doesnt matter if its cold start or warm. Ill start car and it will start and idle for like 2 seconds literally it does this intermittently, then die but I start it a 2nd time and it will run fine.

-Ive read other post and this same prob has popped up a couple times. is this a common relay that goes out? I know it sends voltage to the fuel pump & ecu
-checked fuel psi/& FPR= normal
-checked spark =normal
-ecu is workin normal= ran my ecu in a friends civic for a week so thats not the prob.
-no CEL
-no vacuum leaks.chk hoses and smoke tested the motor
thX

Last edited:
My car has done this in the past..... Never figured it out but it always shut off almost instantly after starting then it would start right back up and be fine. Ive replaced the ICM and COIL and thats all regarding the ignition. I havn't had the problem for atleast 6 months... I hope you find out whats causing it.

Im tryin to figure this out, just started doing this about 2 months ago but not very often. I have checked the FITV & IAVC both are fine. I did have a problem common idle problem(hunting idle). I adj the FITV screw. Fixed that problem.

Last edited:
Back