car for TurboMirage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TM aint the only DSM freak around here....but thatd be pretty cool. I just dont have the patience for that mess

hack job.

first, the TBelt mount extends around the front of the motor for a reason.

second,2g dsm cluster? the 1g motors have MECHANICAL speedometers.

third, looking at that tranny mount, i would love to see how he mounted the front and rear torque mounts. basically on a dsm/mirage, the motor mounts are arranged in a + position, since there is a crossmember that goes underneath the motor from the radiator to the firewall.

fourth, all that conversion work and no turbo? with the cost of the JDM n/a motor (and the only difference between the JDM and USDM motors IIRC is the intake manifold) hes better off with a GSR swap. the "cyclone" part on the intake acts like a GSR manifold, with the butterflies that open up. hes going to be satisfied with like 130whp i hope.

fifth, galant ecu's dont support the cyclone function.

that gets an D- from me. sorry guys.

"the "cyclone" part on the intake acts like a GSR manifold, with the butterflies that open up." I think I saw this on a Japanese Restaurant window on www.engrish.com

Quoted post[/post]]
hack job.

first, the TBelt mount extends around the front of the motor for a reason.

third, looking at that tranny mount, i would love to see how he mounted the front and rear torque mounts. basically on a dsm/mirage, the motor mounts are arranged in a + position, since there is a crossmember that goes underneath the motor from the radiator to the firewall.

fourth, all that conversion work and no turbo? with the cost of the JDM n/a motor (and the only difference between the JDM and USDM motors IIRC is the intake manifold) hes better off with a GSR swap. the "cyclone" part on the intake acts like a GSR manifold, with the butterflies that open up. hes going to be satisfied with like 130whp i hope.

fifth, galant ecu's dont support the cyclone function.

that gets an D- from me. sorry guys.
:laugh: I was waiting to hear what you had to say about it. nice, I wanted to hear someones opnion who knew about DSM, cause I have no clue on them. I thought it was a good idea, but now after you pointed out the mistakes the owner made it got me to take a second look at it

Quoted post[/post]]

the 2g upgrade is a VERY clean install, and gets rid of that pain in the ass speedo cable. The signal sent to the ecu is still the same.

The electric speed sensor is plug and play.

look a the top of this pic. That was a planned update on my 91 Civic before it sold.

IM000480.JPG

And here's how they look installed:

IM000185.JPG

IM000186.JPG

Back