Car is boosting outta control!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
I got my 92 Accord running now with my turbo setup. I started driving it a bit today and when I went to boost, it spiked right up to 20psi! I immediately let off!

I checked all my vacuum connections and even put some RTV around the nipple on the Wastegate Actuator. Still went to boost real high. I let off at 14 that time.

My friend with the Turbo Colt said the wastegate acutator is bad, and stuck. Does that sound right? Is there anything else I can try first?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I want to drive this thing :)

Damn, no boost for me :cry: or wait, too much boost for me :cry:

The key word in my last post was or.

What kind of turbo is it that you have? If its a t25 or 14b then you may actually have a vac line problem with ur boost meter resulting in inacurate readings. T25 stock actuators cant handle more than 12 lbs effectively (on the stock spring that is).

I found out the problem is the spring, its way too stiff for my project. I'm going to have the flapper welded shut and use a manifold with a external wastegate. Thats the only way I'll see 6-8 psi with this turbo.

New wastegate actuator is on the way, will have it Fri. YESSSSSSS!!

Thanks for the link, worked out well for me.

Back