car overheating, thermostat?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well im going against all you guys cause i dont have the time, money, or space to change a radiator. and FUCK getting it done somewhere else. i picked up a bottle of stop leak "liquid alluminum" seems to be working alright, no more leaks, no more overheating. we'll see how long it lasts...

time...an hour...money...170 bucks...space...a lot ANYWHERE.

To change a honda radiator you MIGHT need 2 screwdrivers and a 10mm ratchet...thats it...change the radiator and coolant, your done...its a very simple procedure.

i seriously have zero time. im in class til 4 30, and i work from from 5-close (11 pm weekdays, 1 am on fri-sat) if i happen to have a day off (only weekends, im either driving back and forth from baltimore to work my other job. or trying to do schoolwork.

and if somehow i found enough time, im still not shelling out 170 bucks for a radiator. i simply cant afford it. i pay like 400/month for my half of the rent+utilities. plus paying for gas at 3 dollars a gallon, and trying to save up for something next year :ph34r: see where im going? lol. and yea thats with making 5.50/hr delivering pizzas at pizza hut.

what type of radiator are you looking for? gsr or civic

well right now im good, cause its not leaking anymore, but the car is a 95 automatic LS integra

well the fan isnt always on... i had this problem and replaced a radiator thermostat hoses and it didnt help.. LOL.. so then my coolant temp sensor was all fucked and gave me some stupid reading.

Originally posted by Pewble@Sep 1 2005, 12:14 PM
well the fan isnt always on... i had this problem and replaced a radiator thermostat hoses and it didnt help.. LOL.. so then my coolant temp sensor was all fucked and gave me some stupid reading.
[post=548294]Quoted post[/post]​

ok? lol

anyway so yea it held for about all of a day and popped a bigger leak. nothing i can do now but take it somewhere to get fixed :( i really didnt want to have to take it somewhere but my hand is forced. theres nothing else i can do.

It could be your radiator. I had a similar problem with my EG. My car had erratic overheating problems. Not coolant-exploding, detonating catastropies, but more in the area of my temp guage taking a trip to the moon once and a while. I changed everything - new hoses, thermostat, fan, fan switch, new coolant - I even had the radiator (a brass/copper OE replacement, on the car when i bought it) tested, and repainted.

Well, turns out the shop that "tested" my radiator was t3h suck, and according to a local shop (which I trust a good deal), the brass/copper rad's rot to hell in NE winters. I took my car to his shop, and after yanking the radiator, he told me that half the core was rotted, and that I was lucky it hadn't sprung a leak. The corrosion basically cut the cooling capacity in half, and thusly, caused my overheating problem.

In all truth dude, I can guarentee it's your radiator, or possibly your cap.
Hope it works out. :)

im sorry but did you even read the thread dude? i know its the rad. i already established that. hell i could see coolant spraying out of it. its being replaced wednesday.

I did read it, but the above post said that it had stopped leaking...I was just advising you otherwise. Didn't know you were dead set on a new one. Jesus. I'm not that dumb, am I? :huh:

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Sep 3 2005, 07:23 AM
anyway so yea it held for about all of a day and popped a bigger leak. nothing i can do now but take it somewhere to get fixed :( i really didnt want to have to take it somewhere but my hand is forced. theres nothing else i can do.
[post=549128]Quoted post[/post]​

Back