car wont go in gear

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

viejo

i have a b18b1 with a hydro tranny (gsr tranny) when the car is on i cannot put it in any gears and if i turn it on in any gear i cant take it off. clutch stuck?

What can be the problem?

hrmmm
if your clutch fluid levels are good and the slave cylinder is moving fully... then my next thought would be that your throw out bearing could be shot.... how old are the clutch, pressure plate, and bearings?
could also be a bent or otherwise damaged diaphragm springs on the pressure plate
clutch disk could be warped or broken
the throw out bearing fork could be bent or damaged

*if you can do this safely* you could try putting the car in 1st gear and keeping the clutch down... then start the car and see if it stays still or lurches forward... if it doesnt move your synchros might be shot

Last edited:
did you use the clutch that came with the engine or transmission? its always a good idea to replace the entire clutch and pressure plate and throw out bearing while doing any swap, and also swap the slave cylinder if there is any problem. slave cylinder only runs you about $20. it could be that there is no clutch material left on the disk and even if you have it in gear and the clutch pedal is let out, it will sit there.

thanks for the suggestions! but the pin for the slave cylinder was put in backward lol.. and i got the wrong fork sooo its slipping. thanks though

Back