1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Car Wont Start on Swap Weekend!!!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 94CivicSlow, Dec 31, 2004.

1. 94CivicSlow

94CivicSlow Senior Member

Ok I had planned to install my b18b1 motor this weekend... 1 small problem. THe motor is in the garage 30 miles away, and I go to start the car to leave for work this AM and the damn thing wont start. THe starter cranks and cranks but nothing. Upon further investigation, it seems as though there is no spark. Its gettin fuel. Plugs arent fouled, and Its got a brand spanking new timing belt as of last month.

Now.. I know the ignitors are common on these cars, but it could also be the dizzy too ... It sucks cause I ONLY need the part for like 2 days.. or less. The ignitor is 225$ and the dist. is 170 reman. God DAMN IT!!

What should I start with?? Ignitor?? I plan on returning it after I get the car to the shop.

2. 94CivicSlow

I think im gonna buy a reman dizzy and swap the ignitor and return the thing. Screw autozone

3. friz

friz Senior Member

Tow rope $15. Another option?

4. driverunknown

driverunknown Senior Member

:werd:
    Tow the shit
    It will not cost you no 200 dollars to tow.
    You risk losing your money by using those car parts.

5. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

is there any way to test if its the igniter or the distributor?? i geuss youd need a wiring diagram??

6. 94CivicSlow

it was the whole distributor. Im gonna drive to to the shop and return this POS dizzy. 300$!!!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted