1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

car wont start

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by civicious, Jan 7, 2004.

1. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

:whew:

okay, im in the final stages of putting a JDM B16A into my 98 Civic LX. I've got an obd2 IM, tranny, and my dizzy is wired for obd2. my ecu is an obd2 P72 from a 96 GSR.

paid fuckin' $653.17 for an EX harness from Honda, put it on today.

so i get everything wired up. I had to extend the wires for the o2 sensor, the VTEC solenoid wire, and the VTEC pressure switch wire.

I had 4 plugs left over:

1. evap purge solenoid, on the injector row. i don't have any evap purge stuff, so i expected to have this one.
    2. plug that i assume plugs into the evap purge canister. 2-wire, square black plug. it's in that location.
    3. crank angle sensor plug. 3-wire plug down by the alternator. the obd0 motor doesn't have a CAS.
    4. unknown plug right by IACV. same style plug as the IACV plug. there are 2 plugs back there, one of them is on the same extension as the TPS. i plugged the one that wasn't on the same extension as the TPS into the IACV, because the one thats with the TPS i had to stretch to get it to the IACV.

im 99% sure i have everything wired right. i mean, shit, everything pretty much corresponded with the motor.

so i go to crank it, and it wont start. it turned over, and would catch and then miss.

:doh:

so i put my spark plug wires in the right order.

now, it catches much smoother, but won't crank. it'll catch and idle for a second, and then die.

my oil light is on on the dash, so i check my oil. surprise! my dipstick isn't in, and i put it in and it's dry. bone dry. i think the dickwads at Outlaw drained my oil. homos.

so i go and buy four quarts of dollar-store oil, cuz theres nothing else within 20 miles of me. put that in there, and nothing changes. oil light still on, car still wont start and stay cranked.

i tried to jump the access plug thingie so i could read the CEL, but it didnt flash. it jus sat there.

help? anyone?

2. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

TPS voltage good?

3. slammedb18acivic

slammedb18acivic Senior Member

definitly check the tps voltage, let us know how you make out should be .4

4. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

dont know how i'd do that...

but it should start without the tps thogh, right? friend of mine had a b16 in a crx with NO tps, and it ran. idled fucked up, but it ran....

could it possibly be because of the lack of a CAS?

5. H22AdelSol

H22AdelSol Senior Member

multi meter is your friend

6. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

yes it will start without the TPS sensor working. my brothers tps wasn't working before either, the only thing that pissed him off was that he couldn't read the throttle % on his VAFC and his idle was gh3y so he got a new one (tps).

7. slick*vic*

slick*vic* Member

well i know this sound stupid but when i did my swap the connector for the map and tps were the same and i had them swapped....my car did the same and your describing.. try swapping them....just a suggestion

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted