car wont start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

took the timing belt off. was goin to change it but bolt was strip so couldnt not get the lower cover off. got the belt back on now car wont start. i made sure it was at tdc and had someone else check it. didnt take the intier belt off just the top. what do u think happen maybe moved a couple teeth if so how can i check that. or could it just be the main relay it has givn me some problems before like no start when its hot. NEED HELP A.S :worthy: .A.P

Well I hope that you've gotten your car started by now. lol. But yeah, if your main relay has given you problems before, check it out. Pull out that relay and inspect the pins for cracks in the solder surrounding them.

havnt got car started yet takn relay out tomorrow to check. just to make sure ive had random people lisen while i turn the car to the on postion to c if they could hear the pump turn on and no one could hear it do u have ne other ideas thanx for the help

Well our fuel pumps don't go bad very often. A few weeks ago, my Si wouldn't start for a few minutes. We didn't hear the fuel pump turn on during this period when I turned the key in the ignition. Then the car finally started up. I was on my way to the dealership to pick up something else anyway, so I asked my buddy for a price on a new fuel pump. He looked puzzled and asked why I wanted one. I told him my car's symptoms... and said it was the relay. His opinion was in part based on how many relays he has sold in the last year for my vintage cars. And no one has ordered any replacement fuel pumps.

So... focus on that relay.

well car still dont start will crank but that bout it can hear relay click but cant hear fuel pump kept tryn to start and started smelln gas ne one have ne ideas. also i read somwhere their is a ground under the thermastat that stop car from startn ne one heard of this if so where at cuz ive looked and cant find it

i dont think your theromstat has anything to do with your relay or fuel pump or for your car not starying for that fact... the thermostat has to do with your engine cooling and regulated the amount of anti-freez floe into your car so it dosent overheat. my accord is doing the same thing you car is right now as far as it cranking but not starting but im very sure its the mail relay and nothign else!!!

just take the bolt off the top of your fuel pump and try to start the car.

if its working it will squirt gas out the top ;)

I just went through something *similar* with my son's Civic. It turned out to be the main relay. I replaced it and it's fine now. Also, after doing some shopping around, I found that the dealer was just a tad cheaper than the aftermarket.

I also checked the ground that is on the thermostat housing (as you mentioned) and it was good. Kinda hard to beleive that you cant find it as it very obvious. Are you sure your looking in the right place? If you are. check again. The ground uses one of the housing bolts which is just below the valve cover on the LH side of the engine.

Hey I just had a similar problem with my civic, turned out that the dist. kept frying my coil check to see if you are getting a spark.

Back