Car won't start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vic42

1991 Honda civic si 1.6L.

Today i went to start my civic and all i heard was a "Clicking sound" from within the steering column. Checked fuses all were good. Battery is good, starter is good. Alternator is new.

I'm leaning towards the "ignition switch".

I have a friend who had a similar problem with a Dodge caravan and it turned out to be the ignition switch.

Thanks
Vic.

The car started fine this morning after the weather had warmed up a bit.

I'm pretty sure its the battery its 7 years old, so i'll have to buy an new one.

Regards
Chet.

Check your main relay- it's a common problem spot for 4G Civics. It's a grey box just in the driver foot well either on the firewall or on the vertical panel just in front of the door. You'll see a red piece of plastic on the plug side. Solder connections typically corrode and break in the main relay, and over time this can cause the car to not start.

Quoted post[/post]]
Check your main relay- it's a common problem spot for 4G Civics. It's a grey box just in the driver foot well either on the firewall or on the vertical panel just in front of the door. You'll see a red piece of plastic on the plug side. Solder connections typically corrode and break in the main relay, and over time this can cause the car to not start.

:werd:

Thank You, i'm still learning about this car. I picked it up at and auction 3 months ago, it runs great and its in mint condition, who ever had it before me took care of it. it's fantastic on fuel compared to my other monsters. And its real fun to drive!!

Thanks again
Vic.

Back