1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CARB Legal Intakes

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by endlesszeal, Dec 4, 2003.

1. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

hey guys i need your help. my stupid little brother got a ticket in my car today and they made him pop the hood.. no mods except a generic intake.. now hes getting a fix it ticket for it and i was in thinking about getting a CARB legal one anyway... Which brand do u guys think i should go for? i was thinking AEM, but open to suggestions... also where can i get it for cheap at a repuable store?? last time someone posted a CAI at a site for like 99.. i really need this asap.. i dont want to spend a shit load too because im selling it.. so yeah thanks a lot guys.

2. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

aem is the only brand I've personally trusted enough to stick in my car, as far as intakes go. They are a bit on the pricey side, not only because they actually work, but also because AEM has jumped through all the CARB hoops to get their systems legalized in California.

3. jiahanhao

jiahanhao Senior Member

i dunno if comptech is carb legal, but it's nice... i've personally always gone with aem

4. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

actually, i already kno i want an AEM unit.. where can i get one for cheap??? or a Greddy Filter would be nice.. thanks

5. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

look on ebay, probably your best bet. any filter that fits the end of the charge tube should work.

6. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

lots of intakes are legal. look up on google that CARB web site and type in what car you have and what mod you want to look up and it will tell what is legal. I found out my AKIMOTO intake is legal it just doesnt have a sticker.

7. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

just slap the OEM one on there for the inspection then put the intake back on and dont let your bro get pulled over again!

8. Smonkeyboy

Smonkeyboy Senior Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted