Carbing Type 2 Front Tower Bar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its a lot of money, is bling, and takes up a lot of god damn room.

me, it would never work, as i have way too much stuff on my firewall. so keep that in mind.

IMO, a bar is a bar. they really don't do shit in the first place...

Im gonna have to respcetfully disagree here.

Originally posted by aLLmOtOr@Sep 5 2004, 02:04 AM
pretty nifty ... does it really add extra support???
[post=386280]Quoted post[/post]​

If the third point actualy mounts up to the chassis/body then yes it will make the chassis that much more rigid.

Originally posted by UDT@Sep 5 2004, 01:56 AM

[post=386276]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

Just for the record, strut bars don't make the frame "stiffer" per se... they actually just reduce stress on the chassis. Most people think that the strut towers are in compression (they lean in towards eachother) during a turn. This is actually false. In a sharp left turn, the right tower is actually pulling OUTWARDS, and the left tower is actually pulling inwards. By putting a strut bar on, you are taking that torsional force and dispersing it amongst two towers instead of one... so really it should be called a force distributor. This will improve the longevity of your chassis, especially if you're running a stiff susspension setup.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Sep 5 2004, 02:33 AM-->
@Sep 5 2004, 01:56 AM

[post=386276]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

Just for the record, strut bars don't make the frame "stiffer" per se... they actually just reduce stress on the chassis. Most people think that the strut towers are in compression (they lean in towards eachother) during a turn. This is actually false. In a sharp left turn, the right tower is actually pulling OUTWARDS, and the left tower is actually pulling inwards. By putting a strut bar on, you are taking that torsional force and dispersing it amongst two towers instead of one... so really it should be called a force distributor. This will improve the longevity of your chassis, especially if you're running a stiff susspension setup.
[post=386285]Quoted post[/post]​

Good reply, i think that will put bars of this nature in perspective for some of the less knoledgeable.

well the carbing bar has it downsides.

One, it is/was designed for the JDM chassis. The problem with this is, in the US version, the Booster and MC is on the other side compared to the JDM chassis. Because of the whole size of it, on US cars, it makes it so you can not take off the resivoir cap. There is a US company that created one almost exactly like the carbing, just the angle is slightly diffrent so it doesn't cover up the mc resivor cover like the carbing

2. Price. Its around 300 where as the Nuespeed is 99. Yes they are nice but how much are you willing to spend.

3. Solo2 illegal. In many classes of SCCA solo2 challenge, the carbing 3 point is illegal

s_rigid.JPG

Get the RIGID unit. not sure if its a knock off or not, but they're a lot cheaper. I believe I saw it for 170 somewhere at one of the parts sites.

Originally posted by word@Sep 8 2004, 01:01 AM
s_rigid.JPG

Get the RIGID unit. not sure if its a knock off or not, but they're a lot cheaper. I believe I saw it for 170 somewhere at one of the parts sites.
[post=387325]Quoted post[/post]​

ah, thats the brand that I was talking about that is made for US apps. With this bar, you can still take off the brake fluid resivior cap without having to remove the bar like the carbing.

Is this design better then the neuspeed 4 point? I really did like the neuspeed design but, now i think i need to consider this one. Moon eyes makes one just like the neuspeed for 3rd gen accords. Its what my moms two door has been rockin for a while now. But over all i had heard good things about that design.

Originally posted by UDT@Sep 8 2004, 11:29 AM
Is this design better then the neuspeed 4 point? I really did like the neuspeed design but, now i think i need to consider this one. Moon eyes makes one just like the neuspeed for 3rd gen accords. Its what my moms two door has been rockin for a while now. But over all i had heard good things about that design.
[post=387420]Quoted post[/post]​

Well in a dual wishbone suspension like honda's, the most force is transfered to the upper control arms. In a McFearson strut design, the force is transfered to the suspension Top hats. This design was incorrectly brought to the honda world with generic bars. With the Nuespeed bar, the bar braces the uppercontrol arms and not the top hats like many other bars. The carbing uses the tophats to brace, so its a downside, but it does add the 3 point which defently is a good thing. The carbing bar is extremly solid and does have the rear support, IMO it is defenlty better then the nuespeed, however, the nuespeed bar is a GREAT bar for the price.

don't the oem honda/acura strut bars such as the si/gsr/type r and the mugen bar mount to the uppercontrol arms?

another point, like 2 years ago i read that when lowering your car you'd put more stress at the suspension top hats, and without a brace the top hats might lose their shape with time. inputs?

Originally posted by asmallsol+Sep 8 2004, 08:17 AM-->
@Sep 8 2004, 11:29 AM

Well in a dual wishbone suspension like honda's, the most force is transfered to the upper control arms. In a McFearson strut design, the force is transfered to the suspension Top hats. This design was incorrectly brought to the honda world with generic bars. With the Nuespeed bar, the bar braces the uppercontrol arms and not the top hats like many other bars. The carbing uses the tophats to brace, so its a downside, but it does add the 3 point which defently is a good thing. The carbing bar is extremly solid and does have the rear support, IMO it is defenlty better then the nuespeed, however, the nuespeed bar is a GREAT bar for the price.
[post=387433]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Originally posted by B16+Sep 8 2004, 08:03 PM-->
Originally posted by asmallsol@Sep 8 2004, 08:17 AM
UDT
@Sep 8 2004, 11:29 AM

[post=387433]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
[post=387652]Quoted post[/post]​

:fosho2:

Back