1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**carbon fiber hood dosent fit properly***

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by TeamUrbanChaos, Nov 17, 2004.

1. TeamUrbanChaos

TeamUrbanChaos Certified H22 Super-tech

ok..even tho i already have another post open in this section i didnt wanted to start another topic in the same post so ill jsut start a new one...jsut like the wing.. i bought a carbon fiber hood off of some guy off of ebay and it cam to my actyally in good condition t. there was a minor crack on the end but it was good...the only problem i am having wit this is its not fitting right. when i put it on the car it didnt latch closed and i have to litterally slam it closed to make it shut but the funny thing is, if i just put the hood on the car without screwing it into the hood brackets. it fits perfectly.. why is that?? are the hood screw holes not fitted properely?? can these type of hoods be made to be fitted properely even tho the material its made out if if really fragile?? :shrug:

2. YangpaNemsay

YangpaNemsay Senior Member

Hood Pins. See if everything is lining up properly. Re Drill in Bracing?

3. swanny

swanny Senior Member

First off move your good latch up and make sure its hitting straight on, not bottoming out etc. Check the hood to fender gaps and if they aren't even adjust the hood hinges and fenders. If you cant get it that way try to ream the hinge holes, latch holes or fender bolt holes to adjust your gap widths.

4. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Are you sure it's the right hood for your car?

5. TeamUrbanChaos

TeamUrbanChaos Certified H22 Super-tech

yea it deffinatley is the right hood beacause ehrn the hood is not hinged on the existing hood hinges and i put it on it latches fine and fits perfect its only becomes a problem when i screw the hood in to the hinges.

6. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

sounds like you need to ream the hinges

7. swanny

swanny Senior Member

Snap some pics if you can

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted