Carbon Fiber hoods - TSUDO

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HONDAPITSTOP

Ok, I need to replace a hood on a 95 Accord and one of my distributors carries TSUDO Carbon Fiber hoods which are supposed to be as good as VIS hoods. Anyone have any experience with TSUDO ?

Thanks,

Bruce

Hmmm, that's good to know about their mufflers.

How about anyone using CF hoods? I've heard that VIS are good but do even VIS hoods fade over time from what people have experienced?

Bruce

do they make carbon fiber hoods that look like normal hoods? I would be interested in one for my SI, but I want the car all one color. (black)

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 30 2003, 06:24 PM
do they make carbon fiber hoods that look like normal hoods? I would be interested in one for my SI, but I want the car all one color. (black)

yes they sure do and you can get them in black :)

Yes it fits like OEM but it's hard to tell on my 95 Accord because my fenders have been damaged a bit so it'hard to tell about lining up when you look closely at it.

You have to grind out a spot under the hood for the stock hood rod holder to prop up the hood but that's pretty easy with a dremel or air grinding tool.

Also, on an OEM hood there are some rubber skirts (for lack of a better term) that fit on the hood to cushion and seal between the headlights/gril area and the hood. I haven't quite figured out how to attach those. Maybe glue or something. Then again I need to find the rubber skirts in a junk yard since they cost about $100 new from the dealer and I don't have the stock hood.

I got mine at a wholesale price so can't really comment on what I paid. However, the shop I bought mine from I think sells them for about $380 + shipping if you don't live in northern Oregon. I'd recommend trying to get one in your home town if possible so you can take a look at the hood before you buy it and save shipping costs.

Bruce

hmmm... that car looks oddly familiar lol

so did you have to get a new front bumper to? what was all damaged in the wreck?

and are you going to powdercoat those ugly hoodpins? they look awful imho. i like the hood, tho.

Originally posted by Prowler@Nov 7 2003, 12:58 AM
hmmm... that car looks oddly familiar lol

so did you have to get a new front bumper to? what was all damaged in the wreck?

and are you going to powdercoat those ugly hoodpins? they look awful imho. i like the hood, tho.

no new front bumper as the bumper was in perfect shape. The black painted bumper cover is scratched but in good shape. The bumper cover does need to be replaced or re-painted. Maybe in spring I'll attempt to repaint it or replace it with something urethane or CF.

Yeah, I don't like the hood pins that much either. As it turns out the stock hood latch didn't work with the hood bar that is on the CF hood. The reason is either TSUDO put the hood bar off by 1 inch or my new support in front is off. (unlikely since the headlights fit.) Eitherway, there's no room for adjustment so I had to put hood pins in. I'll probably paint them black when I paint the wipers black down the road a bit.
Bruce

VIS hoods are on ebay for $317 plus shipping they have both grade a and grade AA probably about $450 shipped but they should fit like oem no mods at all I think ill go for AA full carbon Fiber construction But i am going to look into the TSUDO

Back