1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

carbon fiber work?

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by autox 89 dx, Jan 14, 2009.

1. autox 89 dx

autox 89 dx Member

My buddy gave me a power chamber air intake like this one but it is made if plastic. How hard would it be to make one out of carbon fiber? I dont know what brand it is but it fits my EF.Who ever had it before it looks like they cut it with a die grinder but then stopped.I was thinking about cuting it in half long ways and using it as a mold. Does this sound possible and worth the time?I just got laid off and have alot of time on my hands.

Attached Files:

2. 93civicracer

93civicracer Oh, I do a little here and there.

If it's anything like working with fiberglass, it's fully possible. Whether or not it's worth the time is up to you.

3. serrilion

serrilion In my own little world! VIP

Well, ya could make a mold out of a few diffrent things and make a nice intake! freind and I made a 2 peae Cold air for his eclipse out of Fiberglass, just need to get a good mold down... we used sadly a peace of cvc pipe and slid the Fiberglass of it lmao

4. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

whale penis ftw!

if you have time on your hands just make one out of 3'' tubing and make some bends. I guess you could mold one but it would take longer.

i would just buy one that has been tested and dyno proven to make good hp gains

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted