Career?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

(When was the last time YOU got out to enjoy yourself ?? )

Saturday :D and I enjoy myself when I get home everyday and post on the internet for hours...in the daylight. If my back problem wasn't as bad as it was, the house prolly would have been done this year. Ohh well, next year with more money to do it.;)

I gotta say that, on average, you will make more with a degree than you will without. Find something that interests you and go for it. I really enjoy software and IBM is pretty good to me, the pay isn't the best for Software but I get to work on something I can actaully believe in/enjoy. Being paid to write free software for a living is pretty cool.

i really dont want to hear about Clayton "enjoying himself"

funny_cat_pictures_46.jpg

So, what do you guys suggest I do? I really like doing automotive stuff, but damn, they don't really get paid. I don't mind working with computers, but I don't know shit about C++, etc. My parents are willing to pay for me to go to community college, and I want to take advantage of that opportunity.

What about Engineering? I should not, I dropped out of HS just to get a GED the same year I was suppose to graduate(multiple attendance violation), so I don't know if they'll turn me away because of that(My GED score is pretty good, and when I was in HS I got like 1100/1600 on the SAT..My straight A's were replaced with "FF")

there's a lot more to computers than programming.

perhaps networks might be your thing? it's a lot more hands-on, running cables, setting up switches, etc etc...

Engineering is never a bad choice, if you like what you are doing. Mechanical Engineering sounds like it might be your thing, but it is harder to find a job as an ME (especially in automotive) because there are so many of them. If you enjoy software go for that, your local Community College should have some introductory programming classes available. You should be able to take something on being a system/network admin (Brian's suggestion) as well.

What ever route you take the Community College is a great starting point, they shouldn't have any problems with your GED (a 4 year University might get huffy, but with a SOlid CC GPA you shouldn't have any problems).

Construction FTW.

yeah, IT has a bunch of things that are very hands-on. That's what I primarily do. Networking means spending a lot of time on your feet - support is never a dull moment.

Back