1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cat flange

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 92CHB, Apr 14, 2006.

1. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

I cant find anywhere that sells the cat flange that connects to the header. I am going to buy a universal Magnaflow 2.25" high flow cat to replace my almost clogged stock cat. I have been searching and the only thin i have found was a 2.5" flnage for JDM headers and even though my header is jdm its not 2.5". Can anyone help me out?

2. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

i just went to an exhaust shop, mind you a few of them didnt have them but i found one that had the flange with a 6 inch piece of pipe on it, welded it in and good to go.

now, you have the option of just welding the magnaflow in place. however, i will give out my own warning, i used a magnaflow cat ONCE, and i saw once, cause i needed a cat anyways, mine was rattling, i figured just like you, ahh what the hell get a highflow one, well i needed an Emission test the next week, and the car failed miserably, My NOX gas was through the roof, (your cat controls 90% of NOX emission gas) so in short, the cat was not even working, double checked it was installed the right way and everything, switched the cat to a big truck cat. and passed no problem. from then on i just buy universal cats for trucks, if im runnin a 2.5inch exhaust, just get a 3 inch Truck cat, and weld it in place! just a small personal story. dont know if you even have emission tests wherever you are!

3. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

anyone know where to get one?

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Any exhaust shop? They're pretty standard on Hondas.

5. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

Okay i'll go hit up some local shops, thanks for the help guys!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted