catylic converter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRonDUBS

I heard its a cheap way to make some more power, I haven't ever done it. will it hurt my z6 or make it breath better?

thanks

It will make a tiny tiny bit more power, but then your exhaust will sound hollower, and be louder. I punched my bro's old mazda 626 years ago, and we couldn't even tell the difference besides the exhaust getter way louder then before and our car smelling at stop lights.

Honestly, it isn't worth the 1-2 hp. If you want the same effects, while keeping it legit, get a carsound cat.

well for large engines its noticable. my auto tech teacher punched the cat in his suburban and said he had a noticeable gain.

if you have alot of modifications done to your car punching out your cat will do some good. otherwise it's useless and sounds like crap. and it's not carb legal

something like turboed z6 would require more exhaust flow....

The correct way to go about the process is to get a test pipe, the interior shape of the housing for cermanic is not good for flow either--solid or hollow

The EPA hands out a $25,000 fine to anyone that punches a cat, and another $25,000 to the owner of the vehicle. If you do it yourself, you get to add the two together and make nice monthly payments on what could have been an oh- so- slightly used NSX...

oh my god? 25000$ in a fine? that cant be legal to do that!

Originally posted by ^crx^@Oct 4 2004, 10:20 AM
oh my god? 25000$ in a fine? that cant be legal to do that!
[post=398010]Quoted post[/post]​

Why the fuck wouldn't it be legal to fine you that much?

my car didnt pass inspection with a cat , so, mind as well not use one at all.......
eh....in a few years Ill just get antique tags for my teg, so I dont need a cat or worry about emissions crap at all.
lets see it has to be 25 years old....
12 more years...ugh......
more than half way there....
and by then my engine should be worked, and really wont pass inspection, so... I wont have to worry.

$3000 in Iowa, but I drove with a t-pipe for 3 months and never got pulled over.

It's not worth the fine, you will notice a torque loss in NA motor set-ups, cooler EGT readings, and a horrible smell that will creep into the car at idle... girlfriend will love that.

Stay Legal.

Back