CB350 Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

robey0741

I'm new to the forums here and hondaswap. My first question is I have a 1972 CB 350 Twin, registered as a '73. The bike starts and idles fine but when I give it gas it dies. Any ideas on why this may be? I was told I may need new points...but I'm new to four strokes (and street bikes in general) and I'd like any basic information to help me out. I've bought a clymer for it, as I always have used those for my dirtbikes so I figured it would be just as helpful for this bike. My second question is, I am making the bike into a cafe racer and am looking for a seat. I've found a few fiberglass seats online that I like, but do these fit on the stock seat pan or do they mount directly to the bike. Also, I've found the CB750 ones that bolt directly to the stock hinges, but I'm pretty sure its a smaller length between hinges on the 350 compared to the 750, so I decided that a few modifications could make this work... I have thought about building my own seat from an old gas tank and a seat pan, not sure about that yet. Any other ideas?

Have you tried cleaning the carb out? Did you drain the tank and flush it?

If you give it gas slowly from idle, approximately how much of the throttle does it take to die?

Is it warmed up before you try giving it gas? Are you warming it up with the choke?

Pull the spark plugs and look at them. If they're white, your carb need a rebuild, if they're carbon-covered, the ignition system needs to be replaced. You can use a brass brush to clean the plugs as you test things, but make sure to buy new plugs once you think you've figured it out.

Back