1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CEL and a blown fuse

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Delsolcrazy, May 4, 2005.

1. Delsolcrazy

Delsolcrazy Junior Member

Ok its a 1997 civic dx hatch. No swaps or anything completly stock. Its my daily driver and it keeps blowing fuse 15. Its the fuse marked sp sensor/alternator. So my speedo will quit and i get a cel. I had the alt tested at advanced auto and it tested good. When the fuse blows all the lights in the car pulse to a sound comming from the alt. Put the fuse back the noise and pulse goes away untill the fuse goes again. I tried unhooking the alt and starting the car but a soon as the ignition goes to the on position the fuse pops. This all started happening about 3 days ago. When it first happend I replaced the fuse thinking it was just a fluke and it worked the rest of the day. It happend again and i didin't have time to look at it so i just poped another fuse in and went home. Now it just blows fuses immediatly. Im gonna try a dif speed sensor tomorrow I actually unhooked the speed sensor and tried the fuse but it still blew. Has anyone had this happen?

Any Exp or insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

your speedo will quit marking with a blown fuse? damn arew you sure the fuse is a size 15 and not a 20 or something? If not i think you have a short somewhere. Im having the same trouble with my rex a(speedo doesnt work so i have no vtec) and its a pain in my ass. ohh well good luck man

3. Delsolcrazy

Delsolcrazy Junior Member

Its a 7.5 amp fuse marked sp sensor/alternator. I actually found a remote starter that was kinda cobbed in so I took it all out hoping that was causing the problem...no luck. Looks like Im gonna spend the weekend chasing wires :(

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted