CEL and a blown fuse

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Delsolcrazy

Ok its a 1997 civic dx hatch. No swaps or anything completly stock. Its my daily driver and it keeps blowing fuse 15. Its the fuse marked sp sensor/alternator. So my speedo will quit and i get a cel. I had the alt tested at advanced auto and it tested good. When the fuse blows all the lights in the car pulse to a sound comming from the alt. Put the fuse back the noise and pulse goes away untill the fuse goes again. I tried unhooking the alt and starting the car but a soon as the ignition goes to the on position the fuse pops. This all started happening about 3 days ago. When it first happend I replaced the fuse thinking it was just a fluke and it worked the rest of the day. It happend again and i didin't have time to look at it so i just poped another fuse in and went home. Now it just blows fuses immediatly. Im gonna try a dif speed sensor tomorrow I actually unhooked the speed sensor and tried the fuse but it still blew. Has anyone had this happen?

Any Exp or insight would be greatly appreciated.

your speedo will quit marking with a blown fuse? damn arew you sure the fuse is a size 15 and not a 20 or something? If not i think you have a short somewhere. Im having the same trouble with my rex a(speedo doesnt work so i have no vtec) and its a pain in my ass. ohh well good luck man

Originally posted by Taco15@May 4 2005, 09:57 AM
your speedo will quit marking with a blown fuse? damn arew you sure the fuse is a size 15 and not a 20 or something? If not i think you have a short somewhere. Im having the same trouble with my rex a(speedo doesnt work so i have no vtec) and its a pain in my ass. ohh well good luck man
[post=494920]Quoted post[/post]​

Its a 7.5 amp fuse marked sp sensor/alternator. I actually found a remote starter that was kinda cobbed in so I took it all out hoping that was causing the problem...no luck. Looks like Im gonna spend the weekend chasing wires :(

Back