CEL clicking rapidly on and off

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleepydude

So, I did something very stupid to my 89 civic lx, with dpfi swapped in. I put in and younger (stock) engine from a 91 dx. After 4 days, I had everything looking good, and it was time to put the battery back in, but I put it in backwards. I swore a lot and got my spare battery, put it in correctly and tried the car. The starter cranked, but the CEL was just clicking on and off really fast, and of course it wouldn't start. I checked, none of the fuses in the engine compartment were blown. I'm pretty much assuming everything's fried, but I suppose it could also be related to the swap. I don't know and I'm at the end of my rope with this car. Before I scrap it though, I thought I'd see if anyone else thought differently and if there's anything I should check first. Thanks.

already tried that, same think, just keeps clicking on and off. Putting the battery in backwards should have just killed the battery right? So probably something's shorting out or not grounded I'm guessing. Does that sound right?

Back