CEL codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flydex28

Ok so i get the car put back together (sir2) and go to start it and get codes 41 and 5. This made me think i might have accidentilly mixed up the two black wires coming off the o2 sensor; so I switched the wires around and then got the same two codes plus...ECT sensor code, vtec oil press, idle code...etc. Next I switched it back the way it was and now just get a solid CEL. GRRRRRRRRRR WTF I'm starting to get pissed...this car has been on jack stands for going on two months and the guy that said he would help only comes around every now and then. Any ideas?...im at my wits end.

By the way I hooked up the 12v wire to the 12v canon plug (full of yellow/black wires) on the driver side and ran the other 3 to the ecu.

Helms manuals don't really go into detail about emissions testing. Usually just tells you to take it to a pro. You can check to see if a o2 is slow to respond by tapping into the signal wire with a DVOM and watch the voltage go up and down over and over. (KOER, of course) If it doesn't switch from high to low or doesn't switch at all, then replace the sensor. As for the MAP, that is a little more complicated and differs from different makes as far as testing for specific voltage readings. Seeing that you have been messing with the car, I would check wiring for opens or shorts. Good luck.

Ok so how do you reset the ecu? I read that the best way is to just disconnect the battery. I did this but no luck...I cant get the light to flash at me anymore. Now normally this would be a good thing (No error codes), but I know it was flashing before I switched the wires around and not now...what gives?

Oh and I figured out what was wrong with the MAP sensor...I had a vacuum line running from the TB with a T in the line running to the charcoal cannister and so i just blocked off the cannister and only ran one vacuum line to the MAP from the TB instead. Car doesnt run rich any more PRESTO!

Back