1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CEL-Cylinder 3 Misfire

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 05X, Apr 14, 2008.

1. 05X

05X New Member

I have a 99 turbo LS civic and I uninstalled it back to stock because I need to smog it. It is BAR'd and should pass fine, but I'm now getting a CEL. It's a code 73 (Cylinder 3 misfire). I didn't have a CEL with the turbo on previously. The timing is back to stock. I plugged in the O2 sensor. I converted the injectors back to OBD 2 stock LS and I have a feeling it's one of the injectors because I accidentally dropped one. The bottom circumference of the injector where it squirts fuel is cracked. Would that be the cause of the CEL? I checked the third injector from the left and that one didn't have the crack. The first one did. Does the order matter? What do you think is the problem?

2. 05X

05X New Member

Which one is cylinder 3 from left to right? Is it the third from the left?

3. 05X

05X New Member

So where is Cylinder 3? To clarify, the plastic part of the injector is cracked. But, I swapped it out with another and cylinder 3 misfired again.

4. 05X

05X New Member

So which one is cylinder 3 looking at the engine from the front? I probably need to check that particular injector.

5. 05X

05X New Member

So it's the 2nd one from the left facing the front? I'll check that injector. Sorry, I have to ask because I hear crazy stuff about the order of which cylinder is which on cars. :huh:

6. 05X

05X New Member

Thanks for the info, bro. I'll check it out and try swapping that injector to another location and see if the cylinder misfires at another cylinder.

7. 05X

05X New Member

I didn't get a chance to take a look at the second injector from the left, but I took a picture of an injector that seems to be working okay. Is this bad or does it need to be replaced?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

I was always taught this... If you drop an injector, you can just throw it out because it will not function properly. You can always test the injector for continuity when it is removed from the car, and sometimes, just sometimes, it will be operative.

9. 05X

05X New Member

Well, I figured it out. One of the wires to the 2nd injector (3rd cylinder) was loose. I extended the wire. Yikes! So the injectors were fine, just the wiring. Thanks for everyone's help.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted