CEL for no apperant reason

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Hey guys,

i was drivin around today on my way home from runnin some errands. On my way home i opened up my car a lil bit since it had just rained. I reved all the way thru first (8.2k) and the tires just spun when i shifted to second so i let off the gas.

About 30 seconds later the CEL comes on. I shut off the car, start it back up no prob and the CEL is gone (this hasnt happened before). Then, about 5 minutes later i start smellin something like smoke, but there wasnt anthing i could see (visible smoke). The car ended up driving home fine, and i didnt hear any weird sounds or get anymore smoke when inside the car.

I opened the hood and had me a look see when i got home. The intake filter was on fine and i didnt see anything goin on. THere was no smoke coming from the engine bay and i didnt smell anything weird, but when i played with the throttle the motor slightly hummed as it revved up (it doesnt normally sound like that).

ANy ideas?

- thanks

BTW< i didnt know if this should be in the Swap form since its not swap related.

Car Info:
1994 Civic Ex, JDM B16A (0bd1), only mods = Intake, 2 1/4 inch piping, stock muffler.

quite often they can just erase themselves on obd1...they rarely get rid of themselves on obd2...i use to through knock cells all the time with the same engine and then they would just go away.

Check the code- it could be anything, and there's no way to really tell what it is from what you posted.

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 15 2005, 11:37 AM
Check the code- it could be anything, and there's no way to really tell what it is from what you posted.
[post=461102]Quoted post[/post]​

WHere is the connector located for checking the code?

I can use a paperclip to bridge the connection right?

- thanks

Hey guys, i found these wires - is the small one im holding the right one to bridge?

- thanks i just wanna make sure.

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

DSC00005.JPG

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@Feb 15 2005, 10:00 PM
yes those are the 2 plugs you need.
[post=461489]Quoted post[/post]​

So i just bend a paperclip into a U shape and carefully put it in there - then turn the key to the ignition position right?

BTW< those wires have been there forever and have NEVER been plugged in since i got my swap finished a year ago (i didnt do it obvoiusly, or i wouldnt ask these questions lol)

thanks a lot

Back