CEL is on and I need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicrus

Almost a year ago I had a auto to manual convertion done. And they reprogrammed my ECU with CHROME. But now when i am driving down the road my CEL comes on. And when I shut off my car and start it again it out until I start driving again. I know my ECU is throwing a error code, but here is my weird question. I have been underneath my glovebox and around my ECU and I still can't find the 2 prong connector to put a paper clip in and find out what is my error code, can anyone HELP? its a p28 ECU(auto) reprogrammed for manual. Thanks.

it actually might be plugged into something....not just hangin around...my bros hatch was like dat....its blue and might be plugged into like a lil white square type thing.....try lookin real good...if u still cant find it.....take sum pics around that area so we can see wuts up...later bro

Thanks guys, I found it and its flashing me a code 17 which is VSS.

plug might be unplugged onthe tranny or the sensor is bad...check it out and get back to us and let us know how it went
:mrgreen:

I check the plug and it plugged in, it might be my cluster. But my tach and my other gauges work. My speedo sometimes works but not very often. How can I check my cluster to see if its bad?

Your cluster being bad is not going to throw a CEL. IF the wiring is good, then I would say the speed sensor has an intermittant problem. If that is the case, replace the sensor.

Back