1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CEL is on and I need help

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by civicrus, Mar 17, 2006.

1. civicrus

civicrus Junior Member

Almost a year ago I had a auto to manual convertion done. And they reprogrammed my ECU with CHROME. But now when i am driving down the road my CEL comes on. And when I shut off my car and start it again it out until I start driving again. I know my ECU is throwing a error code, but here is my weird question. I have been underneath my glovebox and around my ECU and I still can't find the 2 prong connector to put a paper clip in and find out what is my error code, can anyone HELP? its a p28 ECU(auto) reprogrammed for manual. Thanks.

2. lil_red_si

lil_red_si Senior Member

it actually might be plugged into something....not just hangin around...my bros hatch was like dat....its blue and might be plugged into like a lil white square type thing.....try lookin real good...if u still cant find it.....take sum pics around that area so we can see wuts up...later bro

3. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

Drop your glove box all the way down and look towards the passenger side with a flashlight.

4. civicrus

civicrus Junior Member

Thanks guys, I found it and its flashing me a code 17 which is VSS.

5. lil_red_si

lil_red_si Senior Member

plug might be unplugged onthe tranny or the sensor is bad...check it out and get back to us and let us know how it went
    :mrgreen:

6. civicrus

civicrus Junior Member

I check the plug and it plugged in, it might be my cluster. But my tach and my other gauges work. My speedo sometimes works but not very often. How can I check my cluster to see if its bad?

7. GSRCIVICTN

GSRCIVICTN Lost in a sea of rednecks

Your cluster being bad is not going to throw a CEL. IF the wiring is good, then I would say the speed sensor has an intermittant problem. If that is the case, replace the sensor.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted