Cel Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

egb20hatch

hey, whats up guys. I got my swap in about a month ago and my cel came on the other day. so i pulled the code and it was 41 primary oxygen sensor- heater. what do u think would cause this code to come up. a loose wire, i don't know how that would be possible cause i soldered them, but any help would be nice. thanx

did the swap engine come with 2 O2 sensors?
did you wire both O2 sensors together as to make 1 signal?
did put the primary o2 sensor on a aftermarket header [down below wear the header meeds the cat?
need more info to find problem

it's an obd1 motor with one o2 sensor located near the cat on the exhaust manifold. it runs fine just keeps throwing that code(41). I drove all they way to work today and the cel didn't even come on untill i raced this itr and all of a sudden my vtec went out. so when i got home i pulled the code and its giving me code 21(vtec soleniod valve) and code 41. what do you think i need to do to fix these problems. thanx for ur help.

as for your vtec solinoid code, check your oil level if its low and your beat on the engine it might sense low oil pressure and cause a code.
do a oil change and use the recomended 5w-30 oil
as for your o2 sesnor u say it only came on when u raced, the problem may be the o2 sensor has a slow response to engine speed changes, which means u are probably burning lean. see if can swap one from a friends car that u now is good and try that, of it works then replace it, i know they are not cheap , so try to get one from a friend or reckers first.

Back