Celerity, Inc.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Here's the deal:

I'm an independent I.T. provider with several good clients. It usually costs $180/hr for me to analyse and repair something.

I want to retire. I was retired before, but when I left CT a few of my clients got the jitters and dropped. So I lost a big amount of money. So after 4 months of retirement I came back and started commuting back and forth and telling everyone I live in Newtown (Sandy Hook). I sorta do - I have a spare room at my dad's house when I'm in town. But the problem still exists : I have a ton of clients (A few really good ones) but they want a resource in the area to fix their stuff.

So I teamed up with a guy who runs a copier repair / leasing company. His operation used to be big - 80 employees. Hard times fell, and he downsized back to his house.

We decided to partner up: He would use his business accumen to run the show, I would provide the talent and train others that he hires and pays. He handles taxes, inventory, payroll, etc. while I just take 10% off everything.

So in the efforts of running a "Brick and mortar" business - We had to get everything out of our houses. So this is the first step.

Now I need to keep up about 40 hours of work a week to ensure enough work for a new hire, then I can begin my retirement again. Other issue : I don't work 40 hours a week. I work about 10.

Hmm how were you retired may I ask? Living off your investments?

Good on ya for doing a start up. I doubt you will ever actually retire.

My idea of retirement : I work a few hours a week and make about 600 a week. In PA, that's not too bad. That was my retirement.

When I lose a client, I'll get another. I was setting up the auto shop out here (Just to manage) and that was the end goal.

Still is.

From a life of working 100+ hours every week, that's my retirement.

Back