Charcoal filters??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

well my ex GF called me today and told me something fell off her car when she went over a bump. i went over and looked and it basically is a black canister with a bunch of black sand in it, and has a couple vacuum lines on it. Is this for the emissions stuff or what? BTW its not a honda, its a '97 camaro V6, but i'm sure that this isn't the only car that has these.

so does anyone know what it is and what its for?

The only way it will be noticed is if they look and see its not there. I'm not sure about that car but hondas have no feedback to the computer from the charcoal canister.

If you remove it (or leave it off), Your car will stink like gasoline. Just put it back.

It IS an emissions thing.. But screw the enviornment, save your car from smelling like fuel.

alright well i'll tell her to get anohter one. i guess chevy put that shit under the car and when , like a typical girl, she was driving and talking on the cell phone, she went over a bump and bottomed out or something.

Back