cheap build for 95 si (gsr or ls/vtec)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Project hatch

Need to know soon what would be cheap and decent for a 95 si. Ive blown the weak ass d16z6 twice now and want something better i want to go with a gsr but dont want to spend all the money on it because im turning the car into half show some go i want to later on be able to hit a low 13 maybe even a 12 but the car has been sitting for 3 months now and i miss driving it (the last time i blew it up was worth it though) raced a loud mouth friend of mine with a 94 coupe dx i think said he could beat anybody in town so i raced him twice both times half way through second gear i was two cars ahead of him so i quit then the rod started knocking.
when the car finally died we tried cranking it over it cranked over a couple times and stopped (suddenly) and blue smoke came out the breather

I also have parts for sale off of it except ecu, throttle body, and wiring harness,
i do have a throttle body spacer and intake. the head was pnp and valves were lapped (spelling) it has about 400 miles on it rings were new block might be good havent pulled it apart yet valve cover is polished, let me know asap thanks

LS/VTEV...is more expensive if done right than a GSR...plan and simple..if u have motor building experience go with ls vtec...but if funds are lacking and you cant do the work your self just but a GSR off the net and go from there..

what exactly is your question?????

should you get a GSR swap or build an LS/VTEC???

if thats what your asking.... it will cost less to buy a B18C1 than it will to properly build an LS/VTEC from scratch

Back