Cheap leakdown tester.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just took the shrader valve off my cheap autozone compression tester so it would allow air to enter the piston then hooked it up to the compressor. Easy way to tell if you have bent valves.

Qustion tho i set the piston at tdc for each and then rocked the crank back and forth till i head more air comming out the intake then axhuast to find the excasct center. At this exact center there was leakage for both the intake and exhust so i guess that means i have hent all my valves. Should there be commpression at some point when they are all closed?

Last edited:
not sure what ur runing but some cams have an overlap were the exaust and intake are open at the same time.
dosent mean you bent all of your valves

Its an h22a autotenshioner went bad. Also did the test at the point in the stroke where none of the valves should be open(both lobes of cam pointing up) and air poured out of the exhuast valves. Started the compressor at like 20 psi and turned it on to see if i could get any compression and got none :(

i say yes but wtf do i know. i am just a guy that learned his ass off agout these engines and came up with a final result. If i f'd up in any way mods pls lemme know. pls .

If you have no compression, your valves are broked. yes.
That sounds consistant with the timing belt slipping also.
Fun times ahead.

weee time for port and polish and biger valves and 3angle vavle job:D

any one whnt to suggest a type of vavle. I have heard numerous stories some say go with ariras some say skunk 2. What is the argument the two. or are there better valves that hold up to 10 lbs boost ona a reg basis. i guess i will neee bigger valves seats as well wit the 1 mm biger valve like arias and skunk 2 new seates area are hceap from the the shop i get em from anywyas...this shit cost lot of money :rolleyes:

weee time for port and polish and biger valves and 3angle vavle job:D

any one whnt to suggest a type of vavle. I have heard numerous stories some say go with ariras some say skunk 2. What is the argument the two. or are there better valves that hold up to 10 lbs boost ona a reg basis. i guess i will neee bigger valves seats as well wit the 1 mm biger valve like arias and skunk 2 new seates area are cheap from the the shop i get em from anywyas...but still this shit cost lot of money :rolleyes:

Back